Gibson Brands Forums

Guitaring and other hobbies

flatbaroque

I also do a bit of painting....I imagine many of you folks might have other pursuits too?

Here's a few of my paintings...I haven't used photobucket before so i hope i've done it right....Sometimes I slip a guitar into the paintings.

In the spirit of Em7's Brughel? fest see if you can spot the covers of Highway 61 revisited and Lou Reed Berlin in one of the paintings.

deb5bcd9.jpg

c937a1b3.jpg

31958ded.jpg

6684609c.jpg

haha ! :D thats way too witty

on a serious note , theyre pretty darn good .did you study ? i's hang them in my house , specially like the first one , although i'm admiring the technique in the last fish one , nice job... and highway 61 is on the table in the nudey woman picture

cheers mate...yea all those are in my house...i used to paint and sell Australian landscape paintings in a few galleries...semi abstract things...not really to make money ...just for an ego boost and a little cash...no training but could always draw pretty well...work as an Architectural Draftsman...but that's all computer now anyway.

Haven't done anything for about a year...prefer the guitar these days...but a new painting is always good for a wedding or birthday present, so i sometimes get motivated.

Hey flatb – Thanks for sharing these works, you sure have a touch. Good weekend fun to bring them up - and a very light palette it is. What would you call the style, , , are we talking impressionism or. . . .

I did a lot of brushing as a younger man, so I know about that passion and how good it is to switch between eyes and ears - even learn to see a tune, hear a color/painting.

Last theme here was to decorate 4 chairs for a friend. It turned out colorful, but he has them around his dinner table.

Clearly see Dylans torso, but don't really fix Berlin. Is it lying next to the woman, , , naaah, I'm not sure. Better have another look.

In the winter I ski, in the summer I flyfish, though physically skiing is becoming dangerous, and fishing is becoming a frustrating experience in not being able to tie knots very quickly anymore, I guess noodling around with guitars and writing songs is fast becoming my main hobby. SmilesandGoggles.jpg

Those paintings are awesome. Most of the time I devote to hobbies goes to guitar repair, personal research and a little buying and selling on the side (just to keep the GAS at bay!). I also like to do other woodworking projects and on Sunday I am going to brew my first batch of beer. It isn't a full out all grain mash but it has some specialty grains and hops.

But today my hobby will be this:

DSC_0189.jpg

I'll be attempting another neck reset on this Silvertone (rebranded Harmony Sovereign). This one sounds so good! They are so lightly built. I didn't expect that.

I also do a bit of painting....I imagine many of you folks might have other pursuits too?

Here's a few of my paintings...I haven't used photobucket before so i hope i've done it right....Sometimes I slip a guitar into the paintings.

In the spirit of Em7's Brughel? fest see if you can spot the covers of Highway 61 revisited and Lou Reed Berlin in one of the paintings.

deb5bcd9.jpg

c937a1b3.jpg

31958ded.jpg

6684609c.jpg

Like all of us I love playing guitar but I also love art. A visit to an art gallery is a great day for me however I don't paint. I love your pictures, you have a great talent.

deb5bcd9.jpg

c937a1b3.jpg

31958ded.jpg

6684609c.jpg

Like all of us I love playing guitar but I also love art. A visit to an art gallery is a great day for me however I don't paint. I love your pictures, you have a great talent.

Of course I considered that green zone, but couldn't get it to fit as Berlin has this cream-colored frame around the green pic and significant red letters. I think you took us to the limit there flatbaroque.

Btw. some days ago saw that the Fleet Foxes have used the village Bruegel painting as a cover. Makes my idea a bit second hand – still stands as a fun metaphor though.

Keep up the good brush and paint the Board a Gibson.

Well in fact I might have one in my archive. Thought about posting it more than once and this thread is a fine opportunity.

The style itself isn't among my favorites, but isn't this a Gibson.

Not often do they get painted, , , as said you should change this.

PortraitofHardy-JanetKruskamp4.jpg

By Janet Kruskamp

haha ...EM7....perhaps I was more impressionistic than I thought with the Berlin cover......the idea of the painting came from a Pierre Bonnard painting called "The Window"...a French post impressionist...but he died in 1947 so his knowledge of Bob and Lou was somewhat limited [smile] .

I will attempt to plant a J-45 in a painting and post on the board...good to have a goal like that!

I will attempt to plant a J-45 in a painting and post on the board...good to have a goal like that!

To capture the simple beauty, the atmosphere, the myth, even the tone of the J-45 on canvas, sounds like a splendid autumn mission.

Maybe the Board will be lucky enough to receive it around X-mas.

I dig electric trains too. Always stop and go into detail when I pass a scenario, typically in railway station halls, but will attend festivals and shops also, if in the mood.

Drove far to see a set up exposed in the newpaper a few years ago. It was located in a village and managed by a rather weird women, who - besides telling she was born and raised on a small station - demonstrated everything with a uniform-cap on the head and a whistle in her mouth. She blew the whistle (and my mind), then started a train.

Worth every mile -

FueltheBoard.jpg

Those paintings are awesome. Most of the time I devote to hobbies goes to guitar repair, personal research and a little buying and selling on the side (just to keep the GAS at bay!). I also like to do other woodworking projects and on Sunday I am going to brew my first batch of beer. It isn't a full out all grain mash but it has some specialty grains and hops.

But today my hobby will be this:

DSC_0189.jpg

I'll be attempting another neck reset on this Silvertone (rebranded Harmony Sovereign). This one sounds so good! They are so lightly built. I didn't expect that.

I know that guitar - a 1960s Model 57 633. I still have an old block letter logo Sovereign sitting around waiting for as neck reset.

I know that guitar - a 1960s Model 57 633. I still have an old block letter logo Sovereign sitting around waiting for as neck reset.

This neck reset went very well. The action is very low and it sounds really good. I was so surprised at the responsiveness of this guitar. I really like the sunburst of the Silvertone version but that pinless bridge is ugly! I'd like to make another bridge for it someday.

Archived