Gibson Brands Forums

Midtown Custom: what stock strings does Gibson use?

Fleece

I've heard various reports that Gibson is using either D'Addario or Brite Wires, and curious if anyone knows definitively which (or other).

Whatever my Midtown Custom has, this marks the first time that I haven't immediately changed the strings on a new guitar. I keep putting if off, somewhat fearful that I'll lose the tone I'm getting.

did someone not post recently about them putting daddario EXP's on the guitars now??

Quite possibly, but not with regard to electric guitars like the Midtown. Not quite sure how this thread ended up here. Perhaps Fleece plays his Midtown unplugged. I suppose it is a flat-top after all. Anyway, welcome to the dark side, Fleece. The acoustic forum is addictive - far more active than the hollow-body section. Many of the more active members over there are active over here too.

I can't keep up either, what with electric and acoustic firebirds. I still get confused when somebody talks about their SJ - do they mean Southern Jumbo or the SJ200. And I have an SJ. A slip of two keys and we're back into electric territory there too. I also wonder whether the initials LP should really be reserved for black vinyl circles with music recorded on them.

Archived