Gibson Brands Forums

minuses? Yeah or neigh? With a poll.

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns

There's been no minus button for months now. I thought this was a good thing because it made for a more positive approach. I noticed that they've come back today. I wonder why they brought them back?

There's been no minus button for months now. I thought this was a good thing because it made for a more positive approach. I noticed that they've come back today. I wonder why they brought them back?

Yeah I noticed that yesterday.. and I agree with you I think its better without them [thumbup]

I find it strange that they've brought them back.

All kidding aside I've noticed a couple of very reasonable posts - although I disagreed with their viewpoint they were nevertheless reasonable - that have been 'minused'.

It's difficult to see the advantage in having them available. OK; so people can quickly and easily show their disapproval with an individual post but there are other, and more constructive, ways to highlight the ramblings of the occasional idiot....

On the plus side (pun) it seems that 'plus-ing' ones'self is no longer possible - or has it been like that for ages?........:-k

P.

Guest Farnsbarns

I see some fools are using it to pick on and stalk children.

Yes, quite right! I've decided to turn this into a poll, who would like to see them gone again?

BTW, Big Bill, If you send a nice PM to customer service you might find they will change your username back. Maybe they took pitty on me because I was drunk when I changed mine [unsure] but worth asking.

They are kind of pointless on a board like this that has such a strong moderator presence. Normally you use them to self police and hide rude comments.

On this board they feel like passive aggressive, junior high tagging. Not sure why they matter. Would your account get blocked if you had too many negatives?

Way I figure is this:-

If you like 'em - use 'em.

If you don't like 'em - don't use 'em.

Personally:-

I will negative a particularly naff post.

I will positive a particularly excellent post.

AXE, the artist formerly known as AXE® will ALWAYS get a positive, regardless

(this latter is merely a "Universal Law" and cannot be controlled, changed or modified.....)

Archived