Gibson Brands Forums

I know there's some Jubal owners here-need your input

larryplatz

Went to Aaron's Music in Vicksburg, MI this week. A friend had told me about the Jubal jumbos. I called ahead and, of course, there were none in stock. So Aaron had his wife drop his personal guitar off at the shop for me to try out. His is the Indian rosewood bodied model and is 10 or 11 years old. I gotta say this is probably the best sounding acoustic I've ever played. I've played so many Bozeman Advanced Jumbos and none of them comes close to this. So, he worked me up a quote: $2500 with long scale,rosewood back and sides, Sitka top, Brazilian fingerboard and bridge, pearl dot inlays and a hard shell case. Said it would take about 2 months to be done. Now I am having a real dilemma. The price is fine. I'm just afraid that if I order it I may end up disappointed when I get it. Really having a hard time pulling the trigger. I'd love to hear about anyone's experiences with the Jubal jumbos. I'm really wanting one of these and I can afford it, I just can't afford to be disappointed. By the way, my 2 main guitars are a '65 J50 ADJ (converted to a solid bone saddle) and a 2011 Jackson Browne. Thanks guys.

Ill be honest, I had to google "Jubal Jumbo" to find out what you were talking about. Very cool guitars. I came across the Advanced Jumbo version and it looked very good. I am assuming they are hand built, no? For $2500, sounds like a steal! Unfortunately I can't comment on the tone having never played one. Sorry I can offer no help! Hopefully someone else can.

Went to Aaron's Music in Vicksburg, MI this week. A friend had told me about the Jubal jumbos. I called ahead and, of course, there were none in stock. So Aaron had his wife drop his personal guitar off at the shop for me to try out. His is the Indian rosewood bodied model and is 10 or 11 years old. I gotta say this is probably the best sounding acoustic I've ever played. I've played so many Bozeman Advanced Jumbos and none of them comes close to this. So, he worked me up a quote: $2500 with long scale,rosewood back and sides, Sitka top, Brazilian fingerboard and bridge, pearl dot inlays and a hard shell case. Said it would take about 2 months to be done. Now I am having a real dilemma. The price is fine. I'm just afraid that if I order it I may end up disappointed when I get it. Really having a hard time pulling the trigger. I'd love to hear about anyone's experiences with the Jubal jumbos. I'm really wanting one of these and I can afford it, I just can't afford to be disappointed. By the way, my 2 main guitars are a '65 J50 ADJ (converted to a solid bone saddle) and a 2011 Jackson Browne. Thanks guys.

I know from a previous post ... that the guy who makes them used to work at the gibson factory so he probably was a very skilled worker

JC

I've never owned a Jubal but had the chance of meeting Aaron about 10 years ago. His guitars certainly had the tone of a Gibson; not too surprising given his experience at the Kalamazoo plant. While I cannot attest to the consistency of his guitars, there are lots of positive reviews from other players that would suggest you don't have much to worry about.

Fred

Archived