Gibson Brands Forums

What would you do if Slash gave you his original AFD guitar?

FenderGuy1

As in he personally had it it over?

Thank him and be a fan girl.

Request autograph.

Sell after playing it a bit.

I'd sell it to a huge Slash fan and get an OLD Strat.

I want a 70's strat so bad >.<

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude. Those are like $1500 for a decent hardtail one.

Be very pleased, and a bit of a crazed fanboy when I meet him, play it for a while and show it off. but ultimately realize it will always be "Slash' guitar" in my eyes, and never "mine", so I'd sell it and buy myself 2-3 other great guitars, or one custom PRS or something like that.

Guest Farnsbarns

Ha, funny. I actually will! Or the missus will anyway. [flapper][biggrin]

Perhaps not surprisingly, she refused to ask, something about professionalism. <sigh>

Guest Farnsbarns

Play it once, then sell it to a wealthy Slash fan for enough money to buy me a Custom Shop job of my own.

A Chris Derrig LP will probably fetch 20k with no provenance. Add Slash and AFD to the mix and you can put a zero on the end of that (and probably double/treble/quadruple that with this particular guitar) to get your low end estimate. You could buy a custom house, let alone a guitar.

Put it in the vault and pass it on to my boy and hopefully he will get a good few quid for it after Slash has kicked the bucket and the value of it sky rockets.

or

if there is a nuclear war before then and we are in nuclear winter, use it as firewood to keep warm.

Haha.. you may get the chance now :P

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/346045/Guns-N-Roses-to-auction-off-tour-equipment

Rockers GUNS N' ROSES are selling off items from the band's previous tours in a series of online auctions.

The Welcome to the Jungle hitmakers' crew is clearing the group's warehouse in California in preparation for its upcoming shows, including a residency in Las Vegas, which kicks off next month (Oct12).

Fans will be able to get their hands on their own piece of Guns N' Roses history when the lots, including instruments and sound equipment, go under the hammer on eBay.com later this month (Sep12).

Devotees can bid for items such as bass and electric guitars, wireless microphone monitors and mixing boards all previously used on the band's treks.

Archived