Gibson Brands Forums

Be careful what you ask for...

ksdaddy

It's coming along nicely. I put on two coats of Watco walnut Danish oil followed by a couple coats of Minwax wipe on poly. I'm thinking one more coat will be plenty. It has protection but still looks unfinished, not plasticky.

xdft37.jpg

I like the natural finish look

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the downhill slide. I went over it with steel wool and now I'm applying Minwax finishing wax and hitting it with the buffer. I can't get good pics but it sorta has the look of a well polished fingerboard as opposed to having a finish on it. There's just enough finish on it to protect it but still looks naked. Sheen I guess would be a good term.

It's coming along nicely. I put on two coats of Watco walnut Danish oil followed by a couple coats of Minwax wipe on poly. I'm thinking one more coat will be plenty. It has protection but still looks unfinished, not plasticky.

xdft37.jpg

That's looking really good. I really like it. [thumbup]

I would say that from the description of what you SAID you wanted it to be before you did it, you NAILED it! It looks exactly like you described you were after, in every way.

I think you did a fine job. Just from what little I can see from the pic, it looks to me a step up from what they leave the factory like, but yet doesn't have a look like over-done or anything really describale, except "wood".

Archived