Gibson Brands Forums

Stranger Song - leonard cohen cover - J45

flatbaroque

Nice technique - love the on-going drive in the playing. How do you record? I have a Zoom QHD3 thing that for the life of me I cannot figure out - course I usually get distracted by the nearby rack of guitars... Your 45 keeps sounding better and better by the way - excellent guitar.

Thanks Dan...yea its just the same zoom Q3HD...I just had a look at it...i always thought I was recording with the mic setting on auto...but i just checked and it was on HIGH...seems HIGH might be a good setting for finger picked stuff...I didn't think it was a good setting for strummed stuff so I thought i was only using auto...but the toggle must have been knocked onto high.

I thought the zoom clip you posted a short while back was good...but you are getting inconsistent results?

I'm 2.5-4ft from the camera...depending if its a softer song or I want to hide my noggin.I sometimes use the Handyshare software to boost the volume a little...the clear and power setting in effects....I don't worry about reverb or anything.I'm happy with the way the guitar sounds, getting on 2 years old and only getting better I think.

Thanks for commenting as usual.

Cheers Em7...before today I'd only ever played it with the main part starting in D...and something was lacking...so I dropped down a whole step...by starting in C it allows a hammer on/pull off at the Em..on the g string second fret.That hammer on drives the whole song.

In the original key that hammer on had to happen at the F#m...which I never did...cause it was a lot harder...

happy to have found that out!

FB, I really enjoyed it. Great job. Excellent guitar work, and your vocals are unique and bring your own distinctive style to the music. I haven't had much time lately to check in here on the forum but I make it a point to drop by Saturday mornings to see if you've posted a song! Nice work!

Bill

Archived