Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson marketing

Mr Gibson Too

Just got back from an afternoon on the east side of Manhattan, I just registered on this forum I think just yesterday and this newbie needs to report in to forum members.

There I am walking up Third Avenue and I walk up on a trendy fashion display where on the 3rd Avenue Bloomingdales window it say's 'musical instruments proudly (I'm certain it said proudly) supplied by Gibson USA. The theme being 'old school rock among the trendy clothed twenty something mannequins. I was amazed not to see NOT ONE Gibson guitar product. Just a few old substandard electric solid bodies of shapes and configurations I never seen and the only vintage items were some amps which looked to me in pretty good shape. i.e. Vox

I could have taken a picture with my cell phone to post but I said to myself why bother that Gibson didn't bother.

If Gibson really had a "pair", as we say here in NYC, they would have proudly (their words) displayed a LP, SG, 335 or any of the iconic guitars the brand is known for.

Gibson corporate, what's up with that? And what a contradiction to your marketing. Paleeeeeeezzze spare us all.

Just got back from an afternoon on the east side of Manhattan, I just registered on this forum I think just yesterday and this newbie needs to report in to forum members.

There I am walking up Third Avenue and I walk up on a trendy fashion display where on the 3rd Avenue Bloomingdales window it say's 'musical instruments proudly (I'm certain it said proudly) supplied by Gibson USA. The theme being 'old school rock among the trendy clothed twenty something mannequins. I was amazed not to see NOT ONE Gibson guitar product. Just a few old substandard electric solid bodies of shapes and configurations I never seen and the only vintage items were some amps which looked to me in pretty good shape. i.e. Vox

I could have taken a picture with my cell phone to post but I said to myself why bother that Gibson didn't bother.

If Gibson really had a "pair", as we say here in NYC, they would have proudly (their words) displayed a LP, SG, 335 or any of the iconic guitars the brand is known for.

Gibson corporate, what's up with that? And what a contradiction to your marketing. Paleeeeeeezzze spare us all.

Unless Gibson owns Bloomingdales, they won't be the ones setting up the display windows. Bloomingdales is the one who set up the window with the wrong axes and with the Gibson sign.

If we had a "clue", as we say in Tennessee..... :rolleyes:

Sorry for bustin on you so bad. I'm being a smart aleck. [biggrin]

Unless Gibson owns Bloomingdales, they won't be the ones setting up the display windows. Bloomingdales is the one who set up the window with the wrong axes and with the Gibson sign.

Well I'm just going to have to get back to Bloomies, snap a few pics and report back here in the forum and be more accurate then let the discussion go on or end. ](*,) +

Maybe Gibson corporate will see this post and enlighten us all. :-k

So here is the display window signage and there was only an Epiphone solid body of several gguitars displayed. Repeat not one Gibson guitar displayed. Hope it uploads, if it does a second picture comming up.

post-47149-012722800 1347911302_thumb.jpg

The second with the Epihpone here.

post-47149-017557400 1347911403_thumb.jpg

Oh man, that's pretty tired. They probably spent like fifty bucks for the signage for the three hundred dollars worth of guitars.

Plus, the Gibson logo doesn't look quite right. That's not Chinatown,is it? [biggrin] (That's a counterfeit Gibson joke)

I first said I found the display pretty tacky.

Also to my esteemed fellow Gibson enthusiasts; stamped right on my butt ( so to speak ) it reads: "Made in the USA, Brooklyn NY" . I know the difference between Chinatown and the east mid-town Manhattan.

In Chinatown I can't read most of the signs and in the east mid-town Manhattan I don't believe most of the signs.post-47149-004890000 1347978464_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum!! =D>

Thanks for the welcome and the previous post from a forum administrator about Kramer and Epiphone being one of the Gibson brands which I knew, though perhaps not everyone.

Again my point is not one of the amps or guitars had the Gibson logo which I found odd and perhaps we in the forum may get an anwser to from Gibson Corporate as to this being a deliberate decision, an oversight or perhaps someone along the chain of command may have thought someone would'nt have noticed. After all, and speaking for myself, I take pride as well as an deep appreciation of my Gibson product ( the '64 ES335 TDC shown in my avitar) again wondering why with this high profile Bloomigdales display Gibson could have taken some measure of pride by making sure at least one Gibson product with it's logo of any sort was displayed.

No, Mr Gibson (as I affectionately call him) is not available. His insurance carrier does not list "display cases" as a declared peril. [-X

Archived