Gibson Brands Forums

post some old commodore computer commercials here

FenderGuy1

More contrast???

If you meant more interests than just guitars you bet but old outdated computers aren't an interest for many people there called obsolete for a reason. I spent 20 years in technology retired as a CIO/CTO and I have no interest in the old stuff. I have an original Macintosh from 1984 that has the whole Apple teams signature's in the case, i run hypercard beta and Zork on it. I also have one of the very first Apple Newton's ever released. And I have three old Panasonic Toughbooks i Still use several times a week. I use 2 model 28's that I run My lathe and my Mill on and a model 34 five inch that I use to write books on because it's small tough and has the best keyboard and screen Ive ever seen for word processing. I still use XP on the Panasonic and probably always will since I don't hook them up to the internet or anything. I have three spare (new) motherboards complete with memory etc. Two external cd-rom drives and three extra again (new) hard drives for the 34 and for both 28's that I got when they were stopping production so I figure I can keep the Panasonic's running for at least several more decades. Other than that I have one old Kaypro 2 that I keep for memories sake and I have gotten rid of everything else and have no interest in old hardware and even less interest in old software.

More contrast???

If you meant more interests than just guitars you bet but old outdated computers aren't an interest for many people there called obsolete for a reason. I spent 20 years in technology retired as a CIO/CTO and I have no interest in the old stuff. I have an original Macintosh from 1984 that has the whole Apple teams signature's in the case, i run hypercard beta and Zork on it. I also have one of the very first Apple Newton's ever released. And I have three old Panasonic Toughbooks i Still use several times a week. I use 2 model 28's that I run My lathe and my Mill on and a model 34 five inch that I use to write books on because it's small tough and has the best keyboard and screen Ive ever seen for word processing. I still use XP on the Panasonic and probably always will since I don't hook them up to the internet or anything. I have three spare (new) motherboards complete with memory etc. Two external cd-rom drives and three extra again (new) hard drives for the 34 and for both 28's that I got when they were stopping production so I figure I can keep the Panasonic's running for at least several more decades. Other than that I have one old Kaypro 2 that I keep for memories sake and I have gotten rid of everything else and have no interest in old hardware and even less interest in old software.

Some people actually collect this old hardware, for example i collect early 70s to late 90s computers, i have a 1981 Commodore VIC 20 which has sentimental value to me

.....old outdated computers aren't an interest for many people....... I have no interest in the old stuff.

....I have an original Macintosh from 1984...

....I also have one of the very first Apple Newton's ever released...

....And I have three old Panasonic Toughbooks i Still use several times a week...

....I use 2 model 28's that I run My lathe and my Mill on and a model 34 five inch..

....I have three spare (new) motherboards complete with memory etc...

....Two external cd-rom drives and three extra again (new) hard drives for the 34 and for both 28's.....so I figure I can keep the Panasonic's running for at least several more decades...

....Other than that I have one old Kaypro 2 that I keep for memories sake...

....and have no interest in old hardware and even less interest in old software.

Hmmm............ You mean apart from that room-full of stuff you have no interest in "old outdated computers"...?

[lol]

=D>

And a hearty +1 for giving me a good giggle, retro!

And N!k, y'ol' bugger ! Another for you for the same reasoning!

[thumbup]

Seriously, if I had only known FenderGuy1 a few years ago I could have given him an original Mac 'Classic' with all the associated paraphernalia and half-a-ton of software of floppy's.

It's a shame because although it had lain in a lock-up for 15+ years it worked perfectly well and being a true Scotsman I found it to be a real internal struggle to consign it to the local recycling dump.

P.

Hmmm............ You mean apart from that room-full of stuff you have no interest in "old outdated computers"...?

[lol]

=D>

And a hearty +1 for giving me a good giggle, retro!

And N!k, y'ol' bugger ! Another for you for the same reasoning!

[thumbup]

Seriously, if I had only known FenderGuy1 a few years ago I could have given him an original Mac 'Classic' with all the associated paraphernalia and half-a-ton of software of floppy's.

It's a shame because although it had lain in a lock-up for 15+ years it worked perfectly well and being a true Scotsman I found it to be a real internal struggle to consign it to the local recycling dump.

P.

Well a few years ago I was starting guitar!!! Haha and my pc collection but damn

Archived