Gibson Brands Forums

Goodwood revival - I got very lucky (now with pics) ( now with vids)

Guest Farnsbarns

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 Mustangs and a Thunderbolt.

Anal would be 2 P-52D's and a P-47D Razorback, viewed by the fact the P-51's have the bubble canopies. The P-47 'D' model appeared while the Razorback was still made just before the transition to the bubble canopy on most 'D' models, but the 'D' also had a thicker propeller which allowed it to have a better climb rate which was a weak point for the P-47.

The common reputation that the P-51 was the best plane of the war is a matter of judgement and mostly a misconception- both the Spitfire and the P-47 were upgraded to performance better than the Mustang, although pilots wanted the P-51 over the P-47, and it was loaded with lots of gas tanks to allow it to go to Germany and back. The fastest was actually the P-47"M", which was a lightend hot-rod of a plane, that was only built for one squadron. The P-47"N" had a very long range and was made built and used for long range missions to Japan.

But who is anal here?

Yes this is correct, I see 2 mustangs (1 early model and 1 late model) and a early model thunderbolt. The 1st mustangs to come off the line shipped with weak Allison engines, the English got these to combat first and quickly put beefier Merlin (Rolls Royce) motors in them.

I seen an interview with a WW2 fighter pilot who stated that "every one in his squadron wanted to get there picture taken in a mustang but when the went out on a mission they wanted to be in a thunderbolt!" They didn't call the P47 thunderbolt "The Jug" for nothing, it was one of the heavyset armored fighters of its time!

Oh... was there any Shelby Daytona 500's at the car show? Think I seen one in one of the photos but I'm not sure.

http://classiccars.about.com/od/classiccarphotogallery/ss/Ten-Most-Expensive-Cars-Sold-At-Auction_8.htm

Guest Farnsbarns

Yes this is correct, I see 2 mustangs (1 early model and 1 late model) and a early model thunderbolt. The 1st mustangs to come off the line shipped with weak Allison engines, the English got these to combat first and quickly put beefier Merlin (Rolls Royce) motors in them.

I seen an interview with a WW2 fighter pilot who stated that "every one in his squadron wanted to get there picture taken in a mustang but when the went out on a mission they wanted to be in a thunderbolt!" They didn't call the P47 thunderbolt "The Jug" for nothing, it was one of the heavyset armored fighters of its time!

Oh... was there any Shelby Daytona 500's at the car show? Think I seen one in one of the photos but I'm not sure.

http://classiccars.about.com/od/classiccarphotogallery/ss/Ten-Most-Expensive-Cars-Sold-At-Auction_8.htm

There were actually. Which photo do you think you can see one lurking in?

Thinking this looks like one but I don't think so.

You think old APB 1 is a Shelby Daytona 500.....

Leastways you "think it looks like one but you don't think so"

Now I haz confuzed - but I have to say:-

1) you ain't read the thread properly

2) you are not too familiar with Ferrari

Archived