Gibson Brands Forums

Is this hummingbird fake?

seanp33

Hello,

I've been wanting to get a Gibson Hummingbird for a while and found this online for a really good price. I'll attach a URL to the posted pictures. Is there any way to tell whether it's fake? I'm weary of buying online but it's such a great deal. Thanks for any help.

http://pictures1.kyozou.com/pictures.aspx?id=0&prdet=11981032

The pick guard not matching the hole has me a little concerned. I have 1996 and it's pick guard closely follows sound hole curve. (you can see mine in a nearby post)I dunno about newer models though

Thanks for the response. I saw yours. It's beautiful. Looks like you got the deal of the century.

It is a 100% genuine Hummingbird True Vintage, identical to mine.

If you can get this guitar for a good price snap it up, its something really special.

!! I haven't been able to sleep very well with excitement since I saw it. Thanks for your response.

Alright I jumped in and got it. Thanks again for your help. First thing I'm doing when it arrives is taking it to a Gibson dealer to ensure its authenticity. If not, my search for a Hummingbird will continue. Cheers!

You are safe on its authenticity, but get it checked for

anything that might need attention. It does look in top condition though.

My guitar arrived tonight and I've been playing it non-stop since it came. It's my favorite guitar I've ever played. Feel like I got a great deal on it as well ($2,400, new on eBay). Thanks again for answering my questions. I'm taking it to a Gibson Dealer tomorrow but I definitely know it's real.

I created a photo-bucket thingy to share the pics. Thanks again...

http://s1258.beta.photobucket.com/user/seanp331/media/IMG_0164_zps0210625d.jpg.html

Archived