Gibson Brands Forums

Is this hummingbird fake?

seanp33

thats a beauty of a guitar , the sunburst looks amazing .

any of you other hummingbird owners tell me if they alll have that hue ? if i was to get one that is the exact colour that i love , just wondered how much it could be down to the camera and lighting? i have heard you speak about how it changes colour slightly in the light .....

thats a beauty of a guitar , the sunburst looks amazing .

any of you other hummingbird owners tell me if they alll have that hue ? if i was to get one that is the exact colour that i love , just wondered how much it could be down to the camera and lighting? i have heard you speak about how it changes colour slightly in the light .....

The hue's of the Bird will change depending on the light.. one of the beauties of the finish on these guitars..esp' the TV's... The actual colour of the finish will vary also..like all bursts..

My first HB TV had a similar finish to the one just posted.. more of a honey burst.. maybe even slightly orange..but that can be the camera playing tricks. as you have seen from my current hummer.. she is more deep cherry red.

i can tell you got serious GAS for a HB bbg

I think the HB Modern Classics ( standard... what ever they call them at mo ) tend to have this kind of finish more often...not many have the deep cherry red..none I have seen anyway.

Lovely guitar by the way Sean.. enjoy.

Yeah, it definitely changes a shade of cherry and burst depending on level of light, which means it changes in colour across the day. One of the absolute marvels of the bird.

Here is an example where it is placed by the window with more light, and then by the door with less light.

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

Yeah, it definitely changes a shade of cherry and burst depending on level of light, which means it changes in colour across the day. One of the absolute marvels of the bird.

Here is an example where it is placed by the window with more light, and then by the door with less light.

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

i dont know how to do a drooly face or i would

First thing I do in the morning is to give my Bird a strum – often so, f.x. today. It's the most charismatic guitar I ever met. Absolutely changes with the light and seasons and gives character to the room it's in. The 2012 I played recently was more open than mine from '08 – it was the second time I experienced that and I tend to believe the earlier ones are slightly tighter. Although light, mine doesn't sound particularly scalloped. Sometimes I dig that a lot - other times I reach for something else. It changes like the hue.

Here it is last winter ~

VinterHummingbird.jpg

Archived