Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dem00n

Guitar straps

I still have the one I used during my gigging days and it feels great (I don't know who made it though). I did buy a Levy Classic Padded one a few years ago which I like too.

Wide Planet Waves and Levy's leather as seen in my second link in my sig.

I found out right away when I got my SG about neck dive with a non leather strap.

The leather grips the shirt well.

I still have the one I used during my gigging days and it feels great (I don't know who made it though). I did buy a Levy Classic Padded one a few years ago which I like too.

Same here. A sheepskin backed black leather strap with a design cut into it that I colored silver. No idea who made it.

Got the padded Levy on my Bass :)

I use a lot of Franklin straps. Primarily because they are awesomesauce, but also because I found out after I bought my first one (a Cotton Cinch) that they are located in Franklin TN, so it's helping the local economy as well.

Win/Win and I don't get many of those :D!

Couch straps, they're excellent.

Word. Couch straps turn me into a potato because they're awesome.

Mine is all flowery looking and it's really comfy

photo-2093.jpg

I also have a brown leather Rickenbacker strap from a 60s Ric. It's the narrow strap with the little shoulder pad like the ones the Beatles used a lot. It's pretty uncomfortable with a heavy guitar but it looks rad and feels ok with my SG.

I gotta admit, I've never been to concerned about my straps....

I like Souldier straps, as well as the DiMarzio and Planet Waves stuff. I should try a Couch strap.

On a budget, you can't beat an old-school Fender strap!

And for nostalgic reasons, a lightning bolt strap is cool....

WOW! I'm surprised by how many Couch Strap users are here!

I've been using them for several years now... I REALLY like them!

Made from old car interior materials.

I need to get one more for my old Dove.

I never gave much thought to straps. I always just used Levi's cotton straps. That changed when my favorite shop started carrying Souldier straps. I only have one right now, but I want to get them for each of my guitars. Here's their site: Souldier Straps.

I think a lot has to do with what you do in a perf or practice session.

I mostly use the very simple #2 inch cotton cheapies. I still have my very first strap from 1963 that's one of those woven jobbies with a vinyl back, and it still works.

Then ... I made a 2" leather strap from some heavy saddle skirting for my "SG" type Guild back in the 1970s and carved in some acorns and oak leaves to match the carving on the guitar.

I just got a custom strap from a local saddle and harness maker who's also a guitar picker. About 2 1/2 to 3" wide at some points, saddle skirting and with a light leather backing covering the type of padding used in a saddle. T'weren't cheap, but it has some ideas I'd been thinking about for ages.

m

Billybob...

Imagine one like yours made with real tack hardware, a bit wider and with the internal padding - and a lot plainer. <grin>

m

Cotton or Leather, nylon is too slippery.

I still have a Ralph Marlin strap with "The Scream" on it. That's my favorite.

Nylon hurts my shoulder.

I'm a Souldier guy too. Actually met the owner when she first strarted; hand delivered two straps and i bought her a beer.

They beat any other strap for style.