Gibson Brands Forums

Stunning Bird

Hairy Dave

£3500 isnt 'that' bad . if it was a martin with all that bling it'd be a but more .

i like the guitar for sure but i dont think i'd ever want one . not a fan of too much blingyness on guitars , theyre like women all done up , hard to take your eyes off 'em but no good for everyday use and when you take them

out everyone wants to have a go :D

£3500 isnt 'that' bad . if it was a martin with all that bling it'd be a but more .

i like the guitar for sure but i dont think i'd ever want one . not a fan of too much blingyness on guitars , theyre like women all done up , hard to take your eyes off 'em but no good for everyday use and when you take them

out everyone wants to have a go :D

hahaha very eloquently put BBG. I thought the same about the cost - it's still outta my range and would be VERY hard to justify given the fact I don't gig and still can't barre chord lol

Stumbled across this Hummingbird a few days ago... just gorgeous! I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but it's doin it for me. Is it real? Most of the guitars on the site look legit to me (I'm no expert!) - but there are one or two that make me wonder.

http://www.bgwguitar...ta/gibson41.htm

It's gorgeous. I paid $4500 for mine brand-new. Mine is a natural top, and I really like the burst!

That seems like a good price you paid for the DiF Rob! Still pricey - but when you consider the amount of work that's gone into producing one it's clear why they're expensive.

I love the double parellolgrams on the birds too EA - and the tuners. The tuners might be the only thing I would consider changing on this blinged out version.

I'm gonna rename this one 'The Gibson Hummdinger' lol

That seems like a good price you paid for the DiF Rob! Still pricey - but when you consider the amount of work that's gone into producing one it's clear why they're expensive.

I love the double parellolgrams on the birds too EA - and the tuners. The tuners might be the only thing I would consider changing on this blinged out version.

Dave, I paid that for the 'Bird. The DIF I think was $4400 or so. (just don't recall the exact price...could have been $3900 + tax of almost $400).

The DIF was used, (it's a 2003). The Koa 'Bird is a 2011.

Do you have a pic of your bird Rob? I've had a quick search and can only find your DIF. The dollar price makes it seem a bit more manageable now (let me try saying that to my better half lol).

One bonus I can see... the pickguard isn't going to wear away!!

Do you have a pic of your bird Rob? I've had a quick search and can only find your DIF. The dollar price makes it seem a bit more manageable now (let me try saying that to my better half lol).

One bonus I can see... the pickguard isn't going to wear away!!

Happy to oblige!

Here they are together:

110604_0258.jpg

110626_0278.jpg

Stunning guitars Rob!! I forgot you also had the Hummingbird. I know I'm not supposed to covet.... but it's hard!!!

Thanks.... I like 'em.

I'm sure you know that I bought them both to give to my grandkids....unfortunately, my son isn't cooperating!

Here's the 'Bird in action, (pay no attention to the singing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbbSuWD4Iac

I'm sure you know that I bought them both to give to my grandkids....unfortunately, my son isn't cooperating!

[/b]

Thanks for the vid - I'll listen to it on my way home from work [thumbup]

That's a great reason for buying your guitars! My kids are 3 and 5 - I've only one guitar at the minute so that's the PERFECT reason for me getting another. Wouldn't want them fighting over only one guitar haha.

Hopefully your son will start to play ball soon lol. If not, you'll no doubt find plenty of us here on the forum willing to be adopted [biggrin]

Thanks.... I like 'em.

Here's the 'Bird in action, (pay no attention to the singing):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbbSuWD4Iac

Rob ,

great version . that is a grat sounding bird =D . I your son begins to cooperate =)

JC

Thanks for the vid - I'll listen to it on my way home from work [thumbup]

That's a great reason for buying your guitars! My kids are 3 and 5 - I've only one guitar at the minute so that's the PERFECT reason for me getting another. Wouldn't want them fighting over only one guitar haha.

Hopefully your son will start to play ball soon lol. If not, you'll no doubt find plenty of us here on the forum willing to be adopted [biggrin]

I have several guitars.... two of which my cousin made....so I'm going to make sure they stay in the family.

Then I have my P-Bass and Strat that can be portioned between 2 grandkids.

Some other stray guitars, and of course my Dove and Jubilee will go along

with the DIF and 'Bird.

Now, all I need is some grandkids!

Agree...there's something about those tulips [thumbup]

Here is a HB Custom Koa Natural for sale here in BC on CL that seems reasonably priced.... I do like the 'burst version though [thumbup]

http://vancouver.en....3227733552.html

Looks familiar.

I've always wondered why sellers often make sure you can't see the SN of a guitar for sale?

What harm can it do, (unless it's a fake or stolen)?

Archived