Gibson Brands Forums

EJ200 Nano Mag

69tele

Try loosing all the string but the "D" string and see if the problem is goes away, then tune the other string one at a time while checking the "D" string. If it comes back after all the strings are tune to pitch; it maybe that the saddle is not seating correctly. You may have to remove the saddle and check the bottom of it to see that it is straight. Hope that helps.

I may have an OD of prunes - and the effects thereof - but my understanding of the nanomag is that it is also sensitive to overall vibrations of the guitar.

So... my thought is to ask whether it's only giving odd sounds with an open D - and also if there's an odd sound when any other "D" is played on other strings.

You may have something odd with nut, a wire vibrating inside the guitar, or a problem in the bridge that need not have anything to do with the bridge pickup. My best guess if it's only the "D" in an open note is that it'd probably be something in the nut - and secondly then the bridge and/or something slightly loose in the guitar or preamp. The latter could be if there's a buzz-inducing cut in the nut or bridge that might give an overtone caught more easily by a mag pickup.

If only the "D" string gives the crackling all up and down the string... again I'd look at nut or bridge for an uneven cut. I'm not sure of the internal build of the nanomag, but if the other strings don't seem to be a problem... I dunno.

m

just got a new EJ200 and it makes a crackling sound on the nanomag (magnetic pup) on the D string

any ideas ? bought it mail order so would like to fix if poss

thanks !

Save your money and get something better. I recommend the Yamaha L16 series guitars. Better quality control, and all solid wood

Interesting...

My aj500me sounds great with the combination pickup stuff. Of course I haven't beaten it up much yet so... I dunno. There seem to have been a number of "complaints" on the combination. The concept gives me some nice sound but I wonder if QC or whatever isn't up to snuff on them.

m

Archived