Gibson Brands Forums

onewilyfool

I like that the neck was tinted to a colour that at least approximates the koa back of the guitar. On the koa 200s from a few years ago, the maple necks were usually left blonde, which was quite 'stark'.

When I ordered my koa 200, I specified a mahogany neck, in part to avoid the maple-koa look. But this one is nicely done!

Fred

Yes, new from trade, 3rd modern Gibson from Bozeman, + 3 vintage Gibsons........I know you've heard this before, and many of you have uttered thse same words....but that's all folks!!! No Mas! No more, I pretty much have every Gibson sound covered......This Guitar is very LOUD....my wife asks me to not play so loud with this one. Koa bright highs, lush Mids, and thumping bass....fingerstyle, pick or strum.....AND, it looks pretty nice to if I don't say so myself......Rob....wouldn't mind getting together with you to see how your Koa Doves sound beside her!!!

Yes, new from trade, 3rd modern Gibson from Bozeman, + 3 vintage Gibsons........I know you've heard this before, and many of you have uttered thse same words....but that's all folks!!! No Mas! No more, I pretty much have every Gibson sound covered......This Guitar is very LOUD....my wife asks me to not play so loud with this one. Koa bright highs, lush Mids, and thumping bass....fingerstyle, pick or strum.....AND, it looks pretty nice to if I don't say so myself......Rob....wouldn't mind getting together with you to see how your Koa Doves sound beside her!!!

Let's do it.

When are you free?

Hey there Wily - Thought your days with the louds were over.

It's ideal to have both. The pendulum does it.

A fancy guitar it is.

Flags ~

When you get older, your hearing starts to go, and you need the guitar to be louder just so you can hear what you are playing....... [biggrin]

Let me know when you guys are going to do this, as I will be back in SF on the 26th for about two weeks, and would love to hear these guitars. Actually staying in Oakland rather than SF this time.

Nick, where in Oakland?

I'd really like to get together with Wily and his Koa-Axe... I can't imagine his J200 is a CANNON!

I think my son is coming over this Sunday, (I'll have to ask), so Saturday might be open.

The week of the 26th I have to do to a dinner for a special cancer drug on The Hornet!

I only learnt where Oakland is because its the home of the Hells Angels ....California ...I think.

Nick, where in Oakland?

I'd really like to get together with Wily and his Koa-Axe... I can't imagine his J200 is a CANNON!

I think my son is coming over this Sunday, (I'll have to ask), so Saturday might be open.

The week of the 26th I have to do to a dinner for a special cancer drug on The Hornet!

I only learnt where Oakland is because its the home of the Hells Angels ....California ...I think.

HAHA! I was goin' to warn you NOT to 'go for a walk' at night there..... If you're stayin' at the airport, you're probably okay..... Jack London Square/Village is relatively safe...but any hotel on Broadway you're gonna want to stay inside!

If you're on MacArthur, you might as well bring your flack vest.

HAHA! I was goin' to warn you NOT to 'go for a walk' at night there..... If you're stayin' at the airport, you're probably okay..... Jack London Square/Village is relatively safe...but any hotel on Broadway you're gonna want to stay inside!

If you're on MacArthur, you might as well bring your flack vest.

Well, I'll be at the Waterfront Hotel at Jack London Square, so I guess I'll be relatively safe. Of course, all of Oakland probably looks like dangerous territory to a guy who lives in Danville....... [biggrin]

Well, I'll be at the Waterfront Hotel at Jack London Square, so I guess I'll be relatively safe. Of course, all of Oakland probably looks like dangerous territory to a guy who lives in Danville....... [biggrin]

HA! I actually lived in West Oakland, but then that was back in 1953!

So we are on in Nick's hotel room? I'll bring some beer.....first week in Oct. works well for me....how about you Rob????? I guess if we park in the hotel parking lot, and go directly to his room, we should be safe????.....lol

An evening during the week? Like October 2 or 3?

Archived