Gibson Brands Forums

Feels good to be playing a Gibson again

Dub-T-123

And so what you playing in the interim?

Telecaster!

Alan - Thanks. Well.. It was my first "real" guitar. I got it in '07 when I was a sophomore in high school. Played it as it was forever and then I swapped the bridge pickup for a burstbucker. Played that for a while and then decided I wanted to swap that with a P90. So I traded the pickup (mounting screws and all) and never got around to installing the P90. After a while I sold the p90 and when I went to put the original pickup back in I realized I didn't have any mounting screws or springs to install it with.

By this time I already had my Telecaster and it just kept slipping my mind to order the parts. Fast forward to last week and I ordered everything I needed from stewmac (lost a bunch of screws). The screws came in today, I wired everything up, and now it's rockin again! Wow that was a long story

Jeff they're not the same as the original screws but they do the job so I don't care. I think the Tele will be my main axe (at least for playing gigs) because its much more durable and it's really grown on me, but yeah I'm definitely gonna gig and record and everything with the SG too. The Vox is next on my list.

The SG sounds so awesome though. I kinda forgot what it sounded like. It's like I got a new guitar plus I'm rediscovering all my pedals with it.

Awesome that the SG is back in action. It's funny how time flies. I've been meaning to change the pickup in my bass for over a year now. -I actually broke the original pup when I was trying to install some different colored pickup covers (doh!). I keep meaning to do it, but I never get around to it. [sad]

Welcome back to the dark side, brother. Nothing wrong with a Tele, but the SG is where it's at.

Pedal wise, I was playing my Special with its 57+ for a few weeks and just went back to playing my Classic. Man, had to re-adjust all of my dirt boxes' volumes. Such different beasts.

Archived