Gibson Brands Forums

Well, I Got a New Guitar Today and Pedal

bluesguitar65

Well, I went to a nearby GC during my lunch and got these. I figured having a subway sandwich, should do some extra walking to GC and this is what I ended up with.

Fender American Standard Tele Limited Edition in rubbed satin oil finish, Ash Body and a Electro Harmonix Crying Tone Wah pedal.

IMG_0816_zps1cb296b3.jpg

IMG_0817_zps05f8cfee.jpg

IMG_0818_zpsffb007f1.jpg

IMG_0819_zpsfb9703f2.jpg

IMG_0815_zps7cbd31b0.jpg

That's a great looking Tele and I know that it sounds great-they all do.I saw demos of the Crying Tone Pedal on E-H's website-I thought that they had rereleased the original from the early 70s.The original pedal was fabulous,it had 4 different wah settings plus all the wah settings could be made to function backwards plus it could be used as just a volume pedal.Sadly I traded my old pedal and a set of practice headphones for an old guitar...I did all right from the trade though-the guitar was a '65 Vox Phantom XII.Anyway the new Crying tone pedals sound great as well they are a great example of modern technology.BTW E-H just released a talk-box pedal that has the same configuration as the Crying Tone but it makes real vocal-like sounds and sounds very much like a Talk Box.

That's a great looking Tele and I know that it sounds great-they all do.I saw demos of the Crying Tone Pedal on E-H's website-I thought that they had rereleased the original from the early 70s.The original pedal was fabulous,it had 4 different wah settings plus all the wah settings could be made to function backwards plus it could be used as just a volume pedal.Sadly I traded my old pedal and a set of practice headphones for an old guitar...I did all right from the trade though-the guitar was a '65 Vox Phantom XII.Anyway the new Crying tone pedals sound great as well they are a great example of modern technology.BTW E-H just released a talk-box pedal that has the same configuration as the Crying Tone but it makes real vocal-like sounds and sounds very much like a Talk Box.

Thanks! Yea, the crying tone wah is very responsive to your foot movement. You can actually get some very interesting wah effect because of this. A rapid stuttering wah effect can easily be achieve because of its high sensitivety response that you cannot get with the traditional wah pedal.

I've already put a pre order on the EH talking Wah pedal. Can't wait to get it.

Archived