Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson case smell

EADGBE

The new case smells like vanilla, it's sweet and it would be nice it there weren't way too much of it. I won't be keeping the guitar in the case but i'd like to keep the case in the house readily available for the frequent use. With that smell it's impossible, I don't want a "Wunderbaum odorizer" for my house. So what should I do with the case? A week outdoors? Oxidation treatment? Sun? Trade it to and old case with someone? Suggestions?

The new case smells like vanilla, it's sweet and it would be nice it there weren't way too much of it. I won't be keeping the guitar in the case but i'd like to keep the case in the house readily available for the frequent use. With that smell it's impossible, I don't want a "Wunderbaum odorizer" for my house. So what should I do with the case? A week outdoors? Oxidation treatment? Sun? Trade it to and old case with someone? Suggestions?

If you have an LP case, I'll trade you. Where do you live?

Don't listen to these people with their foolish talk of trade or setting in the sun. Those won't really work.

The best solution is to send the case to me with guitar in it (works better this way) and all your problems will be gone. Just trying to help.

Archived