Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

swleary

Oh man now your asking me to get flamed for my Gibson comments lol

Finish quality is about the same as the Usa Gibsons. Honestly, the thing was setup nicely as soon as I picked it up. My Sg still has a slight ping on the g string but the prs has nothing.

Twp different guitars really. The prs reminds me of half way between a Gibson and fender. Adds more color to the spectrum

When the SE models land at the USA factory from South Korea, they get totally setup.

And if you have a good small mom and pop shop like I deal with, they double check everything, intonation, string/pickup height, ect.

I have only done two mods to all the guitars I own, and that is the Planet Wave Autotrim locking tuners, and the Schaller Strap Locks.

Oh, also Ernie Ball Cobalts in 9/42.

It is a heavy guitar, way heavier than my SG, Santana, and the SE Custom Semi-Hollow in the pic that my sons owns.

His is as light as a feather compared to the others hanging up on my wall.

Sweet guitar,although I've played PRS guitars and was quite-or more correctly-extremely impressed with every aspect of them,I never got around to buying one.I never played a PRS with a vibrato arm,what is the vibrato mechanism like compared to that of a Strat?

Archived