Gibson Brands Forums

Almost All preped for the Journey

Aster1

Leaving this Sunday but no room for any guitars for the campfire dang it!! My adult son & I will be off on an Autumn road trip with the Harley's. First trip I've been on since the Cardiac virus hit me in Feb 2011. A little skeert on how the bod will hold up for 12 days riding & camping. Most of my strength is back & it should be good weather. About 2000 miles round trip. Taking the decked out for touring Sportster for him & the Road King Classic for me.

Biggest obstacle may be being able to EAT FOOD on the road with my food allergies & restrictions. Better take my backpack stove & pots/pans so I can cook some rice (blaaaa) meals or something in a jam.

Back the end of 1st week October before all the leaf lookers descend on the place. I'm wanting to take the Blueridge Scenic Parkway ride from Cherokee to where ever & back. Not hankering for a hot rod ride on the "Tail of the Dragon" down that way however. Maybe when I was a young'n but got that Dare-deviling out of my system years ago.

Keep things together here and no big blow-up with folks getting kicked out and stuff-n-stuff!!! It get's deleted too fast and if I ain't here to read the remarks they are gone and then it's just getting in trouble axing what happened to someone. [biggrin]

HHH (Health, Happiness, Harley's) [thumbup]

Aster

Cardiac virus? Any medication?

Have a great time, I'm stuck in an office and very envious.

Only Ibuprofen for inflammation is about all they can do for you. If you live thru it, I have 2x now 10yrs apart & not wanting a 3x with it either. From what I found out any virus can settle in most any place in your body. Like a cold or flu that settles in muscles. Didn't catch it totally as a cold or flu, felt the symptom for about a day then when away. Settled into my heart and in about 2 weeks I couldn't walk up 5 steps w/o huffing/puffing. It did damage this time to my heart valve so I run out of mojo quickly. Can't do things that are really strenuous and keep that pace for long for me, but I can still keep up with most people my age anyway. Not the youn'n like I could before last year.

Thanks for the send off. Got new tires on the Sportster & the Road King's ready to go too.

May try to get to Nashville for a tour of the Factory if possible. Missed the Montana tour when I was close this summer as it wasn't on but one day/week.

Aster

Archived