Gibson Brands Forums

Awesome blues from 1963 Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson and many more

Rabs

Old stuff blues that's still heard in today's players. It's too bad that most people only know Matt "Guitar" Murphy from The Blues Brothers. Wow can he play though! He's 82 now but still pretty active.

Yeah hes awesome isnt he [thumbup]

I could sit and listen to the old blues guys like Memphis Slim,Sonny Boy Williamson,Slim Harpo,Son House etc. for hours on end.That kind of music just puts you in a place where you're on your own little world,detached from the everyday troubles and anything that's getting you down.I wonder if my love for the blues has anything to do with having the same birthday as Lightnin' Hopkins and Ry Cooder.Anyway,years and years ago I bought piles of compilation albums of all these old blues giants but sadly a lot of the record companies that released them went down the tubes and I doubt that there will ever CD versions of them ever released-pity.

I could sit and listen to the old blues guys like Memphis Slim,Sonny Boy Williamson,Slim Harpo,Son House etc. for hours on end.That kind of music just puts you in a place where you're on your own little world,detached from the everyday troubles and anything that's getting you down.I wonder if my love for the blues has anything to do with having the same birthday as Lightnin' Hopkins and Ry Cooder.Anyway,years and years ago I bought piles of compilation albums of all these old blues giants but sadly a lot of the record companies that released them went down the tubes and I doubt that there will ever CD versions of them ever released-pity.

Yeah I agree 100%.. every time I listen to this sort of music it puts me in a different place.

And thats what I love so much about youtube.. so so many things on it would have otherwise been lost to history.. Its enabled us to share on a level thats never been available before (and that we could never even imagine like 20 years ago).. thumbs up for Youtube [thumbup] [thumbup]

Archived