Gibson Brands Forums

Charlie James - Mance Lipcomb cover...sorta

flatbaroque

Thought I'd give the cereal box with strings another go....sorry to any Lance Lipscomb fans as it sounds nothing like the original.

The overgrown ukelele has a certain charm....

it's as well they didnt use mother of pearl for those fret markers or there'd have been none left for any other guitars.

you're right though, it has a certain vagabond charm

to it and theres nothing i hate more than overpolished 'perfect' sound in music .

i look forward to see what you're gonna do each weekend, cheers

I'm diggin it FB,, as always

I'm sure I have heard the name Lance Lipscomb ( what a beaut..too ) but I aint heard much of his stuff.. quick google search hasnt brought much up either ? Any albums i should look for ?

Have you changed your recording set up... you sound very distant in this one... I like the box ..love them little beater guitars for certain types of song.

May post some blues tommorow.. bit of Robert Johnson maybe

cheers

Edit:

Just found this on youtube

looks like hes got a broken couple of finger or something... the show must go on !

Tasty FB, I like that little odd note that gives a basic 12 bar blues progression suddenly the feeling of an idividual track. Sometimes thats all it takes, epecially with the blues. That little box of yours was definitely the right tool for the job ! [thumbup]

Thanks lads...no I don't think I changed much Del...the Zoom just seems to record with a will of its own..sometimes its good, sometimes less so.,,i see I called Mance Lance...must have been thinking of that bicycle chap married to Sheryl Crowe, I heard he's not bad on her signature model..

Just saw your question Del...no I don't have any albums..there is a Steffan Grossman lesson on line of this with the main riffs...and I just kind of made up the melody from a couple of snippets I came across.

Thanks lads...no I don't think I changed much Del...the Zoom just seems to record with a will of its own..sometimes its good, sometimes less so.,,i see I called Mance Lance...must have been thinking of that bicycle chap married to Sheryl Crowe, I heard he's not bad on her signature model

and he definately didnt take any drugs

Archived