Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Standard Faded - 50's Neck!

Shelbyman

2005 Standard Faded Les Paul available with 50's thick neck!

This guitar is in superb condition and just returned from the local Gibson dealer with a complete set up. The guitar action is low with no buzzing, it stays in tune perfectly and sustains forever! The color is Honeyburst, it has the desirable 50's neck and weighs about 10 lbs. This Les Paul also has some nice flame in the top.

I'm firm on the price and not interested in trades. These are very sought after model Gibson, before they started hollowing out the bodies by chambering or weight relieving.

The original hang tags, Gibson hard shell case and cream pick guard is included with the guitar!

$2,000

.......These are very sought after model Gibson, before they started hollowing out the bodies by chambering or weight relieving......

Weight relieving started in around 1982/'83 and your Standard Faded is weight-relieved (despite it being 10lbs).

The only "non-lightened" Les Pauls made these days are (the majority of) the re-issues.

P.

The buyer informed me there's one similar to mine on eBay listed at $2,399.

Also, another guitar website has user data on two dozen Faded Standards LP's that were recently SOLD on eBay. The summary is as follows...

Faded Standard LP - 2004-2006 - 50's Neck - Avg Selling Price - $1,888

Faded Standard LP - 2004-2006 - 60's Neck - Avg Selling Price - $1,705

Faded Standard LP - 2007-09 - 50's Neck - Avg Selling Price - $1,998

Faded Standard LP - 2007-09 - 60's Neck - Avg Selling Price - $1,770

The buyer and I are quite satisfied. He's got himself a great playing and looking guitar and I can pick up another R9. [biggrin]

Guest Farnsbarns

Well, I sold a 2002 standard for £2400GBP ($3700USD) a couple of years ago when 2 people fell in love with it so it's worth what someone will pay but you did very well too.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2005 model is the only year of the faded standards that was not chambered (though it is weight relieved). These are awesome guitars that are sought after by players. Not collectors, but players. I got mine for $1300 used, but it quickly became my number 1. Mine has bb1 in neck and bb2 in bridge. Anyway, I have had many Lp's from several decades including 50's, 70's, 80's, 90's, and 00's and my '05 faded standard is the best LP I have ever had purely from a player's standpoint.

Archived