Gibson Brands Forums

Rewiring My Broadway

ArchtopBill

Hi All,

I am getting geared up to rewire my Broadway. Specifically, I plan on replacing the stock pots with higher quality CTS pots and add a capacitor (as mentioned in another post) to my neck pick up. I have done similar work on other guitars, but those were easier access. On a LP you work from the back with the handy access cover removed. My question: how hard is it to work on a big bodied jazz box? Going in through the f-holes and Pup opening sure looks tight, even with small hands.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks!

Going through a rework of my Zephyr Blues Deluxe and I think that going through the PU openings is your best bet. I have to pull both the bridge and neck PUs (well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad) to accomplish my work, as I'm replacing the tone pot in the cut away. Surgical tubing, slid over the pot stems is a great way to move them to a more accessible area and then put them back.

Going through a rework of my Zephyr Blues Deluxe and I think that going through the PU openings is your best bet. I have to pull both the bridge and neck PUs (well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad) to accomplish my work, as I'm replacing the tone pot in the cut away. Surgical tubing, slid over the pot stems is a great way to move them to a more accessible area and then put them back.

Thanks for the tip on the surgical tubing! That will make life much easier!

Archived