Gibson Brands Forums

The Essential Square

E-minor7

Yeah, Ive listened to this version many times while learning the track to sing with Mrs EA.

Outstanding tone on that CW, actually this vid was one of the influencing factors in mmaking me buy a HB TV as I knew I would never get a similar tone out of my thicker braced, long scaled 69'er ... cool track also, so simple with just that little G / sus 4 variation.

See, for me this guitar sounded nice, but again, I just dont find the Bird' to be that brilliant finger picker. It does that job, but a maple Jumbo or J-45 just works better for me. The notes have more of a sting to them. Would love to have heard that Bird' strummed ..... that would be something impressive I imagine.

Aha .. hmm ... not so glazy is it ? More like my 69er than the HB TV.

But looking at it I reckon its a long scale, which would have a huge influence on the tone, and the brighter / rockier voicing.

As you wish, Sir. . . .

Still wonder if it's the ceramic/silk'n'steel combo. Maybe not - this clip sounds slightly barbed wired.

Have to say I really like the f-picking above. For the right tune ouh yes !

Aha .. hmm ... not so glazy is it ? More like my 69er than the HB TV.

But looking at it I reckon its a long scale, which would have a huge influence on the tone, and the brighter / rockier voicing.

There are some long-scale early/mid 60's squares, but they are rare. Should this be one, , , I doubt it.

Can you with your only 40 years old eyes tell me what saddle we hear ?

Can you with your only 40 years old eyes tell me what saddle we hear ?

From here it looks like they put in a big chunk of bone and whacked it in what was possibly an adjustable saddle. They did the same with my 69er. But this is just a hunch, sort of difficult to quantify from a distance.

Never saw this one before. Great opportunity to zoom in on some 'Stones Bird'.

! Clip of Time Waits For Noone by Rolling Stones didn't work - pardon !

Hard to see as always, but isn't this a ceramic full size saddle. In that case the strings might be the then hip and often used silk'n'steels as the sound is rounded, not sharp.

Coool tune if you ask me – even with the high E nonchalantly out of pitch.

Anyone have a tickets for the new movie up 18th of October as I understand it. Will try and get mine tomorrow. . .

This might do it -

That link dont seem to work Em 7 ...

Never saw this one before. Great opportunity to zoom in on some 'Stones Bird'.

https://www.youtube....1&v=WETzhm0N9G8

Hard to see as always, but isn't this a ceramic full size saddle. In that case the strings might be the then hip and often used silk'n'steels as the sound is rounded, not sharp.

Coool tune if you ask me – even with the high E nonchalantly out of pitch.

Anyone have a tickets for the new movie up 18th of October as I understand it. Will try and get mine tomorrow. . .

I notice a little yellow lock on the address – not sure what it means, but maybe it can't be copied.

The song was The Next Time We Say Goodbye (the official version, which is cleaned up).

A tune from the It's Only Rock'n'Roll album, 1973 or something. Might find it yourself. Always good with a close-up listen to a vintage Bird.

If not for the direct pleasure, then for the sonic archive between the ears.

Here's another more blurred version -

http://www.youtube.c...n&v=6KPIBBje8t8

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=6KPIBBje8t8[/media]

Have to correct myself - this isn't a vintage Bird as it's only approx. 10 years old at the time - a 60's original Bird would be the right term.

Archived