Gibson Brands Forums

Another NPD

Dub-T-123

photo_zpsdeb7ede2.jpg

photo_zps6fc9ce1b.jpg

I picked up this 80s DOD Flanger in a trade. I really like these old analog modulation pedals.

It pretty much sounds like the 80s! Gets some great chorus sounds and the flanger sounds are super trippy.

Only downside is it runs at 18v so you need two batteries or some ridiculous 1/4" 18v adapter. I'm gonna have to mod it to run on a normal daisy chain. Also the button is kindof difficult to use. The sound is great though

photo_zpsdeb7ede2.jpg

photo_zps6fc9ce1b.jpg

I picked up this 80s DOD Flanger in a trade. I really like these old analog modulation pedals.

It pretty much sounds like the 80s! Gets some great chorus sounds and the flanger sounds are super trippy.

Only downside is it runs at 18v so you need two batteries or some ridiculous 1/4" 18v adapter. I'm gonna have to mod it to run on a normal daisy chain. Also the button is kindof difficult to use. The sound is great though

I had a few of these pedals when they were new. I don't use them and not even sure they work at all. I do have those funky adaptors and if you need one send me your adress by private conversation and I will send it to you.

I had a few of these pedals when they were new. I don't use them and not even sure they work at all. I do have those funky adaptors and if you need one send me your adress by private conversation and I will send it to you.

Thanks for the offer! I actually have some battery snap adapter things that will let me run it off my normal daisy chain.

I wonder if they made an analog delay in this series. That would probably be pretty cool

Thanks for the offer! I actually have some battery snap adapter things that will let me run it off my normal daisy chain.

I wonder if they made an analog delay in this series. That would probably be pretty cool

I have a delay from this series and my recollection is that it sucked. I should plug it in and see how it sounds now over 20 years later. If I do I will report back.

I am using an MXR Carbon Copy analog delay and I love it. Small, simple, easy to use, and sounds great. It has a switch so you can add in a bit of modulation. This is to further make it sound like a tape delay. Internal trimpots let you fine tune this modulation.

In any case let me dust off that DOD Delay and see how it sounds.

I have a delay from this series and my recollection is that it sucked. I should plug it in and see how it sounds now over 20 years later. If I do I will report back.

I am using an MXR Carbon Copy analog delay and I love it. Small, simple, easy to use, and sounds great. It has a switch so you can add in a bit of modulation. This is to further make it sound like a tape delay. Internal trimpots let you fine tune this modulation.

In any case let me dust off that DOD Delay and see how it sounds.

Is the DOD analog or digital?

I know they made some cool digital delays but I like their analog stuff.

I've already got more delays than I need but I'm kinda hooked on them

Is the DOD analog or digital?

I know they made some cool digital delays but I like their analog stuff.

I've already got more delays than I need but I'm kinda hooked on them

I did a small search through some of my old gear and I can't seem to find it. I am pretty sure it was an analog delay. I hope I did not throw it out. Why would I do that and keep the power adaptor I don't know. I have been known to do some stupid stuff in the past. I did come across an old MXR Distortion + with the script logo and a Sholtz Rockman. Gonna check that out and still search a bit for the delay.

You should bust out the Distortion+! Those are awesome. I really liked the clone I made of them at least. If you want to sell or trade that one I might be interested.

Thanks for the offer but I want to keep it. I hooked it up and it still works. Talk about fuzzy distortion!

I am still looking for the DOD Delay. I think I may have tossed it. I am constantly amazed how freakin' stupid I am sometimes.

Those are really simple to make and I can kinda just make another one any time but it's fun to have the original sometimes ya know?

I love the fuzzy drive they get with the gain cranked. Or roll it back a bit and turn up the volume. They're really cool and they seem to attenuate the low frequencies in a way that works pretty well for guitar in a live mix.

What's really cool is if you experiment with the clipping diodes in that circuit. It sounds really great with LEDs or silicon diodes. Also sounds nice with the clipping diodes removed all together.

Nice! I have a Performer series 565 Stereo Chorus and an FX55 Distortion (pre-Supra era), both cool sounding pedals. The Chorus has the same dual-battery setup as yours which sucks, drains a lot faster than most pedals. Still adds an interesting '80s sound to the setup. Got a demo of it?

Archived