Gibson Brands Forums

waging heavy peace , anyone got it yet ?

blindboygrunt

Doesn't really answer your question as to the UK....but I just downloaded it for my kindle..$16.11 from Amazon.

It was going to be my holiday reading in a month's time...but I may have to start as soon as I finish what I'm reading now..

The first pages are describing his model trains...a passion for some here as well! Seems like its written in a very readable style...looks good!

BBG, as far as I can see Easons and Waterstones are advertising an Oct 1 release. Some sellers on Amazon uk shipping now. Obviously have US imports. You'll prob pay over the odds for them and not really worth it now it's so close to the uk release.

yeah , i figured that .

looked at amazon and seen it was available but couldnt get it anyone else .

amazon is great but i'll never fall for the 'pre-order now and we'll despatch on release' B.S. ever again :)

i'll wait and walk into a shop with money in my hand and walk out with it in a bag . i 'm old fashioned like that :)

yeah , i figured that .

looked at amazon and seen it was available but couldnt get it anyone else .

amazon is great but i'll never fall for the 'pre-order now and we'll despatch on release' B.S. ever again :)

i'll wait and walk into a shop with money in my hand and walk out with it in a bag . i 'm old fashioned like that :)

Well - i am a diehard neil fan- his music responsible for me starting to playing guitar way back when i was an eighth grader (1978).. So i am pretty much a very bias reviewer-- that said, thus far (20% thru the book) I am completely unimpressed or should i say completely bored by the book. He spends more time discussing his possessions (old cars, houses, tour bus, trains, ect)and his "inventions" than he does revealing his inner life. Even when discussing his sons disabilities, his relationship with his father , his own illness as a child or his recent his decision to give up alcohol and pot, his comments are rather unrevealing ... i am really hoping that the book becomes a little more intimate after all is that what a memoir is supposed to be......

I just finished it a few hours ago. I enjoyed it. I think a 2nd read thru is necessary for a critque analysis. Hang in there Glider - I thought the last quarter kicked in nicely..all about the music[thumbup]

glad to hear that it gets better... finally, he was talking about old black!!

Archived