Gibson Brands Forums

London Summer Jam.. for anyone local

Rabs

Has anyone seen this... Its a big jamming event happening in London this Staurday.. http://londonsummerjam.com/jams.html

I only recently found out about it and am thinking about going. Below is what it says is happening. Has anyone ever been to something like this? At the end they play a big on mass jam with everyone playiing together and its going to be Johnny B Goode (which I can play)

Jams are where music inspiration and improvisation abound. These diverse, always surprising musical experiences are at the heart and soul of London Summer Jam, and we invite you to be part of them. The #LSJ Jams will cover rock, indie roll, the blues, reggae, urban, pop, world and more. Experienced musicians will be on hand to serve as Jam Leaders, helping us all catch the vibe as we go along. Enjoy the musical textures, adventures and excitement as we build our Jams and feel them evolve. All levels welcome!

Absolute beginner: Release your passion for music! #LSJ is the perfect time and place to get inspired, pick up an instument and Join the Jam. Beginners welcome to experiment at your own pace & comfort level. You'll absolutely learn from this unique experience and have a great time in the process!

Solo musicians: Perfect for anyone who plays music at home but doesn't have time to be in a band. At this special event, you can be in the band. #LSJ's day is your day to join in on the jam of your choice. It's a remarkable opportunity. Seize the Jam!

Band members: Already a musician? Come get your JAM on at #LSJ! Jamming is truly accessible and easy to pick up. There's some improvisation involved, but for the Grand Finale Mass Jam we'll all be playing the same song generating a massive sound as one. #LSJ's motto is "United we Jam", and that's the ultimate goal.

Advanced musicians: Why not teach a master class at #LSJ? If you're an experienced musician wishing to share some of your knowledge in the field of music, we'd love to hear from you. We're interested in creating a workshop setting for you to teach fellow London Summer Jammers on the day of the festival. Please contact us via our social media links on the right of each page.

Everyone: The theme of London Summer Jam is one of everyone gathering together, celebrating unity through music. We all get to meet cool people and have a great time together!.

Electric Jam City: Take your favorite instrument, plug it in and amp-up the vibes! Bring your leads, effects pedals, etc. Fans, bring your beautiful energy and enjoy the show. Play, listen, sing and/or dance!

Acoustic Village: Another wonderful opportunity to play your instrument of choice, and savor the natural vibes of an acoustic setting. Fans will love listening, and may feel inspired to try an instrument and join the Jam. Perfect for cozy sing-alongs.

The Mass Jam Main Stage: Music Artists from Around the World take center stage to perform throughout the day and night. Site also of the Grand Finale Mass Jam, where we all come together to enjoy the JAM of a lifetime! Our #LSJ Headliner, Malina Moye, will lead festival goers in this incredible musical experience.

Has anyone seen this... Its a big jamming event happening in London this Staurday.. http://londonsummerjam.com/jams.html

I only recently found out about it and am thinking about going. Below is what it says is happening. Has anyone ever been to something like this? At the end they play a big on mass jam with everyone playiing together and its going to be Johnny B Goode (which I can play)

Jams are where music inspiration and improvisation abound. These diverse, always surprising musical experiences are at the heart and soul of London Summer Jam, and we invite you to be part of them. The #LSJ Jams will cover rock, indie roll, the blues, reggae, urban, pop, world and more. Experienced musicians will be on hand to serve as Jam Leaders, helping us all catch the vibe as we go along. Enjoy the musical textures, adventures and excitement as we build our Jams and feel them evolve. All levels welcome!

Absolute beginner: Release your passion for music! #LSJ is the perfect time and place to get inspired, pick up an instument and Join the Jam. Beginners welcome to experiment at your own pace & comfort level. You'll absolutely learn from this unique experience and have a great time in the process!

Solo musicians: Perfect for anyone who plays music at home but doesn't have time to be in a band. At this special event, you can be in the band. #LSJ's day is your day to join in on the jam of your choice. It's a remarkable opportunity. Seize the Jam!

Band members: Already a musician? Come get your JAM on at #LSJ! Jamming is truly accessible and easy to pick up. There's some improvisation involved, but for the Grand Finale Mass Jam we'll all be playing the same song generating a massive sound as one. #LSJ's motto is "United we Jam", and that's the ultimate goal.

Advanced musicians: Why not teach a master class at #LSJ? If you're an experienced musician wishing to share some of your knowledge in the field of music, we'd love to hear from you. We're interested in creating a workshop setting for you to teach fellow London Summer Jammers on the day of the festival. Please contact us via our social media links on the right of each page.

Everyone: The theme of London Summer Jam is one of everyone gathering together, celebrating unity through music. We all get to meet cool people and have a great time together!.

Electric Jam City: Take your favorite instrument, plug it in and amp-up the vibes! Bring your leads, effects pedals, etc. Fans, bring your beautiful energy and enjoy the show. Play, listen, sing and/or dance!

Acoustic Village: Another wonderful opportunity to play your instrument of choice, and savor the natural vibes of an acoustic setting. Fans will love listening, and may feel inspired to try an instrument and join the Jam. Perfect for cozy sing-alongs.

The Mass Jam Main Stage: Music Artists from Around the World take center stage to perform throughout the day and night. Site also of the Grand Finale Mass Jam, where we all come together to enjoy the JAM of a lifetime! Our #LSJ Headliner, Malina Moye, will lead festival goers in this incredible musical experience.

Just imagine if I was there! With my sl00sh tone lmao

We don't get much money man, y can't there be any jams in Australia :(

Im sure there are jams going on.. if not maybe see if anyone at school plays and organise your own one :)

There was, a while ago, something like this done on Youtube too where people would connect together online with web cams and jam together that way.. It was an interesting idea but ive not heard about it in a while.

Im sure there are jams going on.. if not maybe see if anyone at school plays and organise your own one :)

There was, a while ago, something like this done on Youtube too where people would connect together online with web cams and jam together that way.. It was an interesting idea but ive not heard about it in a while.

Maybe we should do that next year sometime, I'll have to mike up my Marshall via the audio out again

There are open mics and open jams around my home state (North Carolina), I go to a few on a regular basses.

Yeah ive been to several open mic nights.. never to perform but ususally supporting a friend who does... But ive not heard of any opens jams around here and certainly not seen anything on the scale of the one above.

Archived