Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
squarecell

Pitch problems

Just got my new 1d in the mail today. Everything seems to be working great, except I'm having some issues with the pitch fader.

As soon as I make any adjustment it after playing a song, the BPM will keep jumping up and down and there's no way to make it stop other than to load a new track onto the deck.

I've tried adjusting the pitch sensitivity in DaRouter, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. Do you know what might be causing this problem, and how to fix it?

Okay, I've figured out where the problem is, but I still have no idea how to fix it.

My platter seems to be causing some lag which is slowing the track down. When I play a track on deck A it plays slowly, then if I switch the controller to deck B, the track speeds up to normal. Switch back to deck A, and once the platter starts going it slows down again.

I really hope someone from Stanton still reads these forums and can help me out.

Interesting development here...

When I first got my 1d, this problem was happening in both Traktor and Virtual DJ. Since I primarily use VDJ, I kept using it and noticed that the problem gradually got better as I would keep using it. Last night I thought I would try it out in Traktor again, so I fired up DaRouter and started Traktor. No problem at all.

So looks like I'm switching to Traktor for the time being. I still wish I knew what the problem was though, so I could use VDJ. I'm noticing that the platter plays at about 99% of full speed, so if you have the same tracks on deck A & B and are controlling one in vinyl mode, it will gradually drift out of sync.

Interesting development here...

When I first got my 1d, this problem was happening in both Traktor and Virtual DJ. Since I primarily use VDJ, I kept using it and noticed that the problem gradually got better as I would keep using it. Last night I thought I would try it out in Traktor again, so I fired up DaRouter and started Traktor. No problem at all.

So looks like I'm switching to Traktor for the time being. I still wish I knew what the problem was though, so I could use VDJ. I'm noticing that the platter plays at about 99% of full speed, so if you have the same tracks on deck A & B and are controlling one in vinyl mode, it will gradually drift out of sync.

The out of sync problem happens in Traktor or VDJ?

And which version of traktor are you using?

The out of sync problem happens in Traktor or VDJ?

And which version of traktor are you using?

Permanently out-of-sync in VDJ. I've noticed in Traktor that if I wiggle the pitch fader after moving the jogwheel, the pitch will stop fluctuating. In VDJ it starts out way out-of-sync, then gradually improves the longer I use it for... still never 100% in sync, though.

Using Traktor PRO 2.5 and VDJ 7.0.5. Both completely full, legal, paid & owned by me.

I also have pitch problems but only when I scratch,both TP2 or VDJ,when I scratch the vinyl then release it the track goes pitching up/down for a while until it stables,it happens sometimes on the first time of the day I use scs1d, right after turning the unit ON,it gets that pitch shift problem,but then,it gets better past a few minutes...I have my SCS1d for about a week, does this still happens to you??

edit: the experience I have about this is that it looks like SCS1d platter needs to "heat up" for this problem to dissapear,VDJ or TP2+daRouter, every fresh start of my scs1d,like a few hours turned off,then I need to scratch,or beatmatch,for a few minutes before it runs OK...

I'm glad to say this problem didn't happenned today! hopefuly it is gone! probably my deck was tired and out of shape for beeing on the shelf for about 4 years in the stanton warehouse...who knows?

Hi,

Thanks for your message. I have alerted my colleages in the US, who know everything about Gibson Pro Audio products.

They will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Stijn Vergeest

Gibson Europe Customer Service

00800-4GIBSON1

00800-44427661

www.gibson.com

service.europe@gibson.com

looking forward,for the contact,the picth problem didn't happen again, but I have LCD strip problems like dead lines on 2 strips,and sometimes some LCDs show dead lines sometimes don't!!?

thank you

this problem seems to come back on very cold days,I have to turn on the unit,and leave the platter spinning for about 5min,then start mixing/scratching...

It looks more possible you to move to a warmer country than to wait Stanton to help you!!!

msp_scared.gifmsp_scared.gifmsp_scared.gifmsp_scared.gifmsp_scared.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

The problem w/ the pitch is related to the version of Traktor vs. the version of the .TSI and DaRouter being used...

Please PM me the exact version of each and i can notify engineering to see what the fix would be.

For hardware issues like LCD's going blank that's something the service team can issue an RA and repair / exchange...

If you are outside of the U.S. contact your local distributor Distributor List Here

and they can service it for you replacing the LCD or unit if need be.

Hello, try removing the vynil and slipmat and check if the plastic center,turns ok,if you feel like it gets stuck on the rotations,like I did,you will need to oil lubrificate, it is very easy DIY fix,just use 2 small screwdrivers,like the little ones for clock watches,to unscrew the screw in the middle of the vinyl.then remove the plastic center,clean it underneath, and there should be another black piece left on the screw hole,remove it and apply some oil lubricant on it, I used a silicone based oil spray,I dont recommend using WD40,because it leaves residues.

080320142879.jpg080320142880.jpg080320142881.jpg080320142882.jpg080320142883.jpg

with this fix spinning forward got much better as well,before this fix to cue/spin forward I had to give a little nudge backward, then start spinning forward to search the cue point.