Gibson Brands Forums

Saw The Zombies tonight

Rabs

So a friend of mine who loves his Prog Rock had some free tickets to go see The Zombies tonight..

It was at the Islington Assembley Hall which I think has only just started being used for gigs and was pretty cool. Id go there again.

So the Zombies were pretty good. Im not actually the biggest Prog Rock fan but I go to these sorts of gigs with the friend who got me the tickets cos no one else will go with him lol (weve seen Deep Purple, Toto, Asia, Yes, Supertramp amongst others).. But this was a cool gig. The bass and guitar players were not the original members but all of the members have been playing with all sorts of bands over the years and they played some covers by these bands if a memebr had written or performed it..

Heres Hold Your Head Up from tonights gig which was an Argent song (Rod Argent is the Keyboard player and pretty darn good). (my camera actually cuts bass out, but that bit at the beginning, he played a bass note and turned it up till it was shaking through our bodies :)).

And Shes Not There (which I think came several years before the Santana version).

Looks like Argent is playing a Hammond XK-3c. I've recently acquired one to replace the old B-3 and while it doesn't sound exactly the same it's so close the trade off in terms of lugging the full size console around and keeping it in playing condition makes it well worth it. Thanks for posting Rabs!

Looks like Argent is playing a Hammond XK-3c. I've recently acquired one to replace the old B-3 and while it doesn't sound exactly the same it's so close the trade off in terms of lugging the full size console around and keeping it in playing condition makes it well worth it. Thanks for posting Rabs!

No worries... And yes your right about that Hammond.. Live it sounded great, but id imagine that they would use one of the big old ones for recording...

And heres there biggest hit The Time of the Season (@ 2:48)

No worries... And yes your right about that Hammond.. Live it sounded great, but id imagine that they would use one of the big old ones for recording...

And heres there biggest hit The Time of the Season (@ 2:48)

Quite a bit off key. Sorry to say, but i found it terrible.

Rod Argent is a brilliant guy,fabulous keyboard player and has made cameo appearances on several great albums,including the great "Holy Ground" CD by The High Dials.You were lucky to see him in concert,unfortunately it's doubtful that we'll ever be lucky enough to get him to come to Newfoundland.

Archived