Gibson Brands Forums

Dive Bars

brundaddy

A deputy sheriff I knew quite well used to tell a tale about a batch of biker babes at a large seasonally-open restaurant/bar. They took off their tops and were bouncing things around in the balcony so all could see. The deputy had checked local, county and state statutes and reported to all in the venue that there was no illegal activity - at which point the ladies covered up and went back to eating burgers and drinking beer.... It wasn't fun any more.

m

A deputy sheriff I knew quite well used to tell a tale about a batch of biker babes at a large seasonally-open restaurant/bar. They took off their tops and were bouncing things around in the balcony so all could see. The deputy had checked local, county and state statutes and reported to all in the venue that there was no illegal activity - at which point the ladies covered up and went back to eating burgers and drinking beer.... It wasn't fun any more.

m

Sure he did... LOL! Using reverse syc on drunken boob's! [biggrin]

Ray...

Same deputy...

... approaching a couple of drunken behemoths wrestling around knocking stuff down at a large fair's beer tent.

The rookie with him started pulling out such equipment as typically used to quell such activities and proclaimed, "We've gotta stop this!"

The old deputy replied in a low voice that still could have carried across Mile High Stadium during a Bronco game, "Naaaah, don't worry; these guys are just doing their male bonding."

Yup. You guessed it.

End of story. <chortle>

Only thing I figure is depressing for me is that the deputy is both younger than I am - and retired after more than 40 years in law enforcement. Sheesh.

m

You are 100% correct on that. The cops always had their eye out for stuff at this place.

Still it was the best place to play, especially if you were a blues band. You could play " Got My Mojo Workin'" for a half hour and as long as it was grovin' they would love it.

I'd love to play that place! Blues is my first love and I don't get to play it nearly enough in this neck of the wood.

Archived