Gibson Brands Forums

Tuning machine screws missing

goldtop1

Scenario - A consumer buys a Les Paul at Guitar Center and a couple of small screws were missing from the tuning machines. The issue went unnoticed until months after the purchase. So there would only be one screw in two of the tuning machines. ? Have a guitar tech repair it or get warranty info from Gibson? Or not a big deal improvise? Thank You

Simply take it to a tech, Schaller Tuners are common and most luthiers would have these screws spare, in my case I was given them for FREE

Schaller tuners? These were Kluson Deluxe tuners. Your claiming these screws are the same as Schaller screws? Because if these screws are not identical what the logical explanation would be to replace all of them so they match. Thank You

Simply take it to a tech, Schaller Tuners are common and most luthiers would have these screws spare, in my case I was given them for FREE

Nice Guitar! How's that work out for ya? Does every guitarist wrap the strings around the stopbar than rest em on the bridge? Seems logical since that's the way it was originally done in 52' but most music stores have there's set up differently.

Gibson Deluxe where originally made by Schaller, their now made by Planet Waves (D'addario) but their the same spec so I've always called them Schallers for that reason.

Hmm apart from the Tech route these kind of screws are hard to come by, if the tech doesn't have them or can't order them in.

You could go back to the GuitarCentre and ask them to order them in. not sure what else I can surgest...

The Wrap around the tailpiece is a preference thing and requires height adjustment to stop the strings coming off.

I did it after being inspired by Joe Bonamassa.

The ORIGINAL Les paul had the strings UNDER the taipiece, it evolved over time to what we have now but the all in one bridge tailpiece is still popular but it has intonation issues because of its all in 1 nature...

Archived