Gibson Brands Forums

So I decided to bite the bullet...

adam411booking

So I decided to bite the bullet a few days ago and picked up the Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Jr Double Cutaway (in TV Yellow). I got if off Musiciansfriend for $1,200 plus a two year warranty on the guitar through Musiciansfriend.

Well, I must say it's not a bad little guitar (and by little I mean that literally). I didn't realize the guitar was a little bit shorter scale than most other Les Paul Jrs. I don't really have any major complaints with the guitar except that the finish on the guitar is not as bright yellow as advertised (it's a little more yellow/green) and the action is unbeliveably high out of the box. Other than those two complaints, I really am enjoying it.

It holds tune amazingly well, even right out of the box. It plays great (except for the high action), the neck is very smooth and fast, and it's light as a feather. I've been a fan of the Les Paul Juniors for a while (mostly because of their light weight), and this one tops the other one I own. The double cutaway really does help you access the higher frets easier, so that's obviously another plus.

I was a little disappointed to find out that instead of a hardshell case, they sent a gig bag instead though. However, I do have to say that the gig bag came with a leopard print interior which is pretty classy haha.

Overall I have to say that this a pretty good guitar, definitely worth the $1200 I shelled out for it. It's still a beautiful guitar (even though it's a little greener than expected), it will definitely still turn some heads. It sounds awesome and I believe it will definitely last through some rough gigs (we all knows this because of how long it took BJA to destory one at the iHeart Radio Festival haha). I'm pretty pleased with my purchase.

I'll upload some pics (along with the rest of my guitar collestion) as soon as I get home tonight!

Nice! I've been waiting to hear about the new BJA DC. I recently bought a white BJA single cut & love its snarl, is now my regular gigging guitar.

I think if you picked up the D/C version you'd have a very rough choice in deciding which one you want to gig with haha. It's a fantastic little guitar.

BUT, did the Single Cutaway version seem a little small to you?

BUT, did the Single Cutaway version seem a little small to you?

Yeah, If you compare it to a 'full fat' Les Paul it does seem quite small. It has its own distinct character- resonates like beast too! so, I like to think of it as a guitar in its own right- not as a budget LP. For me the size/weight & sturdiness make it great for gigging.

Archived