Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone headstock logo

jazzdog

Hi,

My name is Rob and I am new to this forum. I have just acquired a 7-string, 1942 Epiphone Electar Zephyr lap steel guitar and it is awesome. Looks and sounds great. One thing was missing though and that is the "bikini" style logo that was on the headstock front. Apparently it was used on all the mandolins, banjos and lap steels (guitars too?) from this era and I would dearly love to find one for a price. I contacted the Gibson factory on the off chance they'd have some oldies kicking around. Slim, fat and none....A friend suggested I should try and find out what company made these logos for Epi/Gibson back in the day but...I ain't no Sherlock Holmes. If anyone can be of any help I'd be grateful. Thanks,

Rob

Welcome Rob. That's a tough one. Chances are, the company that made those is out of business. I have, over the years, seen a few on eBay, but they are few and far between. Start checking once or twice a week. You just never know. The other thing that I would consider is looking for any stringed Electar instrumnet and pulling the name plate for yourself. Then sell what's left. Especially something thats a "project". Stick around. There are some people in the know here that may have a better answer. BTW, here's your forum warming present. +1 ^^^^^

Archived