Gibson Brands Forums

Recording finished

RS1976

everyone, with much love, respect, and peace....

I've been helping make a record since about may 19th of this year. I'm acting as producer/engineer for a singer songwriter whos time is looooong overdue. while the material hasn't gone to print yet, we have completed all tracks, and next we shop for mastering facilities that wont break us.

even so, there is a great feeling when you listen to the collaborative work of something you believe in with all your heart and know its exceeded your expectations!!!!!

i wish you all were here for a listening, and a shot of Jameson on me!!!!

stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

everyone, with much love, respect, and peace....

I've been helping make a record since about may 19th of this year. I'm acting as producer/engineer for a singer songwriter whos time is looooong overdue. while the material hasn't gone to print yet, we have completed all tracks, and next we shop for mastering facilities that wont break us.

even so, there is a great feeling when you listen to the collaborative work of something you believe in with all your heart and know its exceeded your expectations!!!!!

i wish you all were here for a listening, and a shot of Jameson on me!!!!

stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Yeah man.. thats something to be proud of [thumbup]

Cheers :)

Cool Man! What studio did you track, process and mix at? I'm sure if they are pro they can help you out and being as you have spent money/time with them already then they will like you and be good to you but, don't expect it to be free. [thumbup]

hey there ray:

we've recorded it in 2 'garage' studios and in an office complex at 2:00 AM. using any software that's available to us. probably outdated by about 3 years, but we don't much care as in any place we record, we hang a picture of Robert Johnson to remind us that his recordings with one mic, ... in a hotel, or a warehouse changed the world....

but we would like to get decent mastering no matter what. we have a friend, that quoted us for $300 so he's the favored contender. we're also in austin where mastering/duplication is every other step... we'll see

thanks so much for the note!!! stay cool!

Oh, so you didn't do your tracking and all in a real studio? Well like I said, don't expect it to be cheep and don't expect it to sound perfect just remember that if there's some thing wrong with the initial tracking or any of the other process's that come before mastering it very likely will not be fixed with mastering.

I've been around the recording block a few time's and while I don't know everything I do have experience and education, the biggest mistake people will make with it is thinking that mastering solves all the problem's with every thing that may be wrong in the first processes, this is so far from the truth.

I do hope you get a good recording in the end so best of luck to you man.

hey there ray:

we've recorded it in 2 'garage' studios and in an office complex at 2:00 AM. using any software that's available to us. probably outdated by about 3 years, but we don't much care as in any place we record, we hang a picture of Robert Johnson to remind us that his recordings with one mic, ... in a hotel, or a warehouse changed the world....

but we would like to get decent mastering no matter what. we have a friend, that quoted us for $300 so he's the favored contender. we're also in austin where mastering/duplication is every other step... we'll see

thanks so much for the note!!! stay cool!

You're in Austin? You play out there too? It is so cool to be reminded that where there is a will and dedication, there is a way. That inspirational RJ picture is a good idea. I will get an Ani poster out from the attic and do the same.

Congrats!

Archived