Gibson Brands Forums

Cubase Crashing

fretplay

If you right click on the cubase.exe and run in Admninistrator mode then you can run it in XP compatibility mode (or whatever you had before) (right click and then go to Properties and then the compatibility Tab). It may work (but then this is Mircrosoft we are talking about, so it may not :P)

or theres this method

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

Yeah, I had all kinds of trouble with Cuebase... To fix it I went back to my Mac and Digital Performer. But if you just can't bring yourself to embrace the Mac then this is a good program, they have whole systems too.

http://www.sydec.be/Products/Details/ID/67c377fe-6512-434b-bbc5-65514099a357/The+Soundscape+Editor+Software/

Updating your OS without updating your other software isn't always a good idea... they make it so you have to keep buying new stuff.

My cubase SX 3 and Nuendo 2 both worked great until last year with Windows XP. Never felt the need to upgrade as they worked great (that computer never went online, so it never upgraded anything). It died after some ****** put an infected USB drive in it without asking (I'd have said "NO, you don't do that") and I upgraded to mac and cubase 6. Cubase 6 is great, I gotta admit that. But was it a necessary change? Not at all.

Go to the Windows Control Panel, Action Center, Change User Account Control Settings, and set it to "Never Notify". If that doesn't work, leave the User Account Controls on Never Notify and uninstall Cubase then reinstall it. When you re-install, start the install using the right mouse button and "Run As Administrator". I work in software support - this is pretty much our standard procedure for older programs in Windows 7 and it's the one I used when I upgraded to Windows 7 and kept Cubase 4LE.

Archived