Gibson Brands Forums

Finally got the blues

ParlourMan

They say you have to feel the blues before you can play it, tough week in the Parlourman household... my poor wee dog had a blood clot, compressed her spine and she was fully paralysed, spent a full day between emergency vets till it was deemed serious enough we had to take her to a place in Germany. A few surgeries later and continual reminding that it was unlikely to work it seems she'll live and we still need to wait to see what the recovery is like. .....so I think I finally have the blues. Off to whip out the J45 and serenade this poor wee lamb.

564865_348209455271964_1890980465_n.jpg

Very sorry to hear all the pain, but hoping for a happy and strong recovery PM ... remember, it is bulldgog, french, but neverthelwss still bulldog spirit !

Hahaha, class!

Cheers fella, your comparison vid may have to wait a wee bit, but will do it if I get the chance this week. On the bright side, I'll be an expert in 'expressing bladders' by the end of this.

Lord have mercy I feel the pain. I had a little jack Russell with parvo who I carried to the vet inside my coat pocket. Didn't have the money to pay them and she was gonna die if they didn't treat her. After seeing a 6"2 220 pound man break down in tears they decided to treat her and take payments. I don't think I slept for 3 days until they called and said she was ok and to come pick her up.

Anyhow I know them low down sick dog blues. Best wishes for a fast recovery. Keep us posted

Dogs are resilient little creatures. Over the years, two of my dachshunds have suffered spinal injuries that resulted in paralysis of the lower body and hind quarters. Doctors gave little hope of recovery, but in both cases, they slowly improved over a year's time, and eventually regained use of their legs to the point that they both lived long, reasonably normal lives. In both cases, we refused the advice of doctors to put them down.

There's no way of telling how it will play out for your little dog, and all you can do is give them as much love as possible, have infinite patience, and never give up on them.

Caring for a paralyzed dog can be as disruptive to your life as caring for a similarly-injured human, but the little things pay you back with unconditional love, and depend upon you completely.

At the very least, it teaches valuable lessons about the fragility of our lives and health.

Sorry to hear about your dog. It's strange how dogs immediately become a part of your family rather than just a possession. This is a hard way to get/learn the blues. Much better to have a hard hearted woman run away with your best friend in your old sports car. Good way to get rid of a sorry woman, a friend who is not trustworthy, and a car you can't drive in the rain. Also makes a better song. Good luck to the pooch.

She still can't support herself yet, and we have to 'express the bladder' for her, early days yet, but you can see the will to move is there and she's very alert when awake. Definite improvements but we've a way to go yet... Stitches come out at the end of this week, rehab is ongoing, we have a sling thing to support the spine and hind quarters as we try to get her moving the legs a little... only a few minutes a day at this stage though.

She still can't support herself yet, and we have to 'express the bladder' for her, early days yet, but you can see the will to move is there and she's very alert when awake. Definite improvements but we've a way to go yet... Stitches come out at the end of this week, rehab is ongoing, we have a sling thing to support the spine and hind quarters as we try to get her moving the legs a little... only a few minutes a day at this stage though.

You need infinite patience with this. I went through exactly the same process. We adjusted, and the dog adjusted. It's a good sign that she wants to move things. As I understand it, what we are talking about is an inflamed or swollen spinal cord that needs to slowly get back to its normal state.

You need infinite patience with this. I went through exactly the same process. We adjusted, and the dog adjusted. It's a good sign that she wants to move things. As I understand it, what we are talking about is an inflamed or swollen spinal cord that needs to slowly get back to its normal state.

Ruptured disc, Nick,, removed a blood clot that had caused the compression, so yes to the swollen spinal cord that needs to slowly get back to its normal state. No fear regarding the patience, we have some physio exercises to do with her and a sling to help her stand up for a wee drink and the basic exercises. Being hand-fed at the minute and definitely showing signs of improvement and of course the will to move, definite signs of feeling in the hind quarters too. I'm thrilled with her progress, but long way to go.

A we physio snap...

D8BD8F88-5E49-4D69-ACF6-F6FB051D71A3-1323-000001BA28B2BC22.jpg

Archived