Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG Picks

RyanStorm

I was looking at getting a Gibson SG or LP. I have returned two Eppi's for this third one, its a Custom Pro and is beautiful but doesn't have the sound.

I was just planning on bringing home a Gibson $700 SG Special Faded, or $800 LP Studio Faded, I played them and they felt really nice.

I play a lot of Metal(Sabbath to Rammstein) or old Classic Blues and Rock(Johnny Cash to BB/Muddy etc)

I love the feel of both the SG Faded and LP Faded, the SG has the 490T and the LP has the ProBuckers. The SG seemed to have a better sound.

Personally I could spend the money getting my Eppi into serious awesome condition, but it just feels dumb investing money into it, when there is a decent Gibson worth investing in.

I think I am gonna get the SG, cause my two favorite guitarists use it, but I can't afford an Angus Signature!

I was looking at getting a Gibson SG or LP. I have returned two Eppi's for this third one, its a Custom Pro and is beautiful but doesn't have the sound.

I was just planning on bringing home a Gibson $700 SG Special Faded, or $800 LP Studio Faded, I played them and they felt really nice.

I play a lot of Metal(Sabbath to Rammstein) or old Classic Blues and Rock(Johnny Cash to BB/Muddy etc)

I love the feel of both the SG Faded and LP Faded, the SG has the 490T and the LP has the ProBuckers. The SG seemed to have a better sound.

Personally I could spend the money getting my Eppi into serious awesome condition, but it just feels dumb investing money into it, when there is a decent Gibson worth investing in.

I think I am gonna get the SG, cause my two favorite guitarists use it, but I can't afford an Angus Signature!

I own the Gibson SG Faded and trust me, you won't be disappointed.

It's an amazing guitar.

Good choice!

I am playing my 5th guitar from this purchase, and they were all gibsons and epiphones.

They had all the Gibson marked down, I mean 1100$ ones for $950, but none that I was feeling.

Up until I talked to some online friends, I never even considered another brand.

But I brought home the ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe See Thru Black Cherry with EMG 81/60 pickups(like my favorite guitarists), plus I was able to use my $100 coupon, were talking $750.

I wanted a LP studio and I was gonna put my own EMG's in it, but I couldn't use the coupon! I rather pay full price cause 1100 minus 200 coupon, is 50 cheaper than asking price on the gibson deals.

So I will hold onto her, cause I am 95% sure the 81/60's are the pickups I want, I got 60 days to return it, so I will watch the prices and coupons till then.

I think the SG is the better buy compared to a LP Studio.

You'll certainly like it for playing metal. It has the snarl and bite for it. For playing blues type music, I LOVE switching to the bridge pick up on my SG Standard with a clean tone. It has a sound nothing else can touch.

For the money the SG is probably the best value of any guitar, IMHO.

Archived