Gibson Brands Forums

What kind of amp do you use ?

DamienAzrael

I have a Fender Super Champ XD. I don't gig or play pretty much anywhere besides home, so it fits my needs perfectly. The amp models are decent and the effects aren't bad (but mostly unused). I would like to try out a different speaker and some different tubes when I have some extra time and cash, but I probably won't. I also have an Ibanez Toneblaster 25R that isn't too bad for a cheap amp that I keep at my parents house. I'd love to get my hands on an Orange Rockerverb 50 watt combo or 2x12.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a friend with a Tele and a Fender Jr. amp come to the jam last night. Damn, it sounded good. I think that amp sounded better with the Tele then with my LP. I guess it kinda makes sense. Fender making amps for Tele's and Strats.

It was in a constant state of overdrive (the sweet kind) with a comfortable sound level. Beautiful tone.

Taylor Player' date=' have you (or anyone else on here) compared the Pevey Delta Blues fitted with 1x15" to the one fitted with 2x10", and if so, how would you compare/contrast the sound of each.....

Hey Nik...

I have played through both and find the 15" speaker more to my liking. It seems to me it has a better low end with my Strat than the 2 x 10 I played through. Clean sounds were nice through both but the 15" had better crunch and OD sound when using my effect's pedal.

Thanks for that, TP - there is something about the big old 15" that is kind of appealing, and I have been wondering about trying one on the Bassman. Now I will try just a little harder to beg/steal/borrow one for a try out.

Thanks again.....

Archived