Gibson Brands Forums

AC DC Live at Atlantic Studios 1977

AlanH

I have this on tape somewhere - I recorded the performance from the radio in the early '80s.

Anyway, somebody has put the tracks on youtube.

This is about as raw and unproduced as it gets. Fantastic stuff!

They are awesome arnt they :) have you seen this one? From a gig at Essex Uni.. ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! :)

They are awesome arnt they :) have you seen this one? From a gig at Essex Uni.. ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BVydcWnd9E

That's my definition of rock n' roll right there! No gimmicks. No faking. No bull.

It brings me back. That performance makes me realize who made me know I WANTED to play lead guitar. Angus! Sure, The Beatles and KISS were my gateway into music (and I'm almost certain my Beatles fetish as a youngster gave me my love for melody). But the first songs I actually learned how to play were AC/DC songs. Without those guys, I'd be nothing.

This is so great it's insane.

This is how I want my shows to be.

I have this on tape somewhere - I recorded the performance from the radio in the early '80s.

Anyway, somebody has put the tracks on youtube.

This is about as raw and unproduced as it gets. Fantastic stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwE5YJjg30c&feature=bf_prev&list=PL435EAF758AAAB64F

I have this on an AC/DC box set called Bonfire. Great collection if you are a Bon Scott fan like myself.

I also think Phil Rudd never gets the attention he deserves. As a drummer that can play Zeppelin, Rush, Van Halen, etc "fancy" stuff (not trying to sound like an egomaniac, mind you!), I can't cop Phil's feel at all. This may sound surprising coming from a guy that can do half-decent renditions of "Moby ****" and "La Villa Strangiato", but I tried playing "Let There Be Rock" yesterday, and I just can't do it!

When he wasn't in the band, they sounded different. They even admitted it.

I also think Phil Rudd never gets the attention he deserves. As a drummer that can play Zeppelin, Rush, Van Halen, etc "fancy" stuff (not trying to sound like an egomaniac, mind you!), I can't cop Phil's feel at all. This may sound surprising coming from a guy that can do half-decent renditions of "Moby ****" and "La Villa Strangiato", but I tried playing "Let There Be Rock" yesterday, and I just can't do it!

When he wasn't in the band, they sounded different. They even admitted it.

100% agreed. that cat's grooves are very under recognized.

100% agreed. that cat's grooves are very under recognized.

His grooves lay the tracks for the band. When people cut them down and call them "too easy", etc, they don't get it. It's not all about flash. You gotta have some groove or else the music will be pedestrian no matter how good the rest of the band is! It's either groove or odd-time signatures (explains Rush...As much as I love them and Neil, he lacks groove sometimes, but makes up for it with fills and the odd-timing). The boys from down-under, Zeppelin, KISS, Van Halen, and The Beatles sounded killer because Phil, Bonzo, Peter Criss, Alex Van Halen, and Ringo had great grooves. Charlie Watts on the other hand.....

And he really got into it in the old footage!

Archived