Gibson Brands Forums

Special Day

mud guy

Hi folks-

I usually hang out around the epi forum, but I picked up a new gutar earlier this week. My first gibson. It's the newish les paul junior p90 special. Here are a few pics:

special3.jpg

Zoom in on baked maple fretboard:

special5.jpg

special1.jpg

cheers

Cal

Supposed to be baked maple. Thanks!

I thought baked maple was much lighter in color than that picture shows. I can see the specs on Gibson's web site says Baked Maple but it sure does not look like it. You learn something new everyday.

Way cool looking guitar. I am sure it plays and sounds as good as it looks. I'd like to have one.

Congrat's mud guy!

I thought baked maple was much lighter in color than that picture shows. I can see the specs on Gibson's web site says Baked Maple but it sure does not look like it. You learn something new everyday.

After the initial batch that was a mixed bag I've seen that they all come into the stores with a darkened finish, I guess Gibson where listening to us about our impression of the lighter shades...

Congrats. It's a lovely-looking guit!

Enjoy!

[thumbup]

I wonder why Gibson is calling it the 'Junior Special', though. In the old days the one p-up was a Junior and a two p-up a Special (or TV when yellow).

Odd.

P.

Archived