Gibson Brands Forums

Instruments that need a new home.

MissouriPicker

Last night while watching an old Jimmy Cagney movie, "the fighting 69th," I found something I really needed to do. My old Guild D4 (hadn't touched it in some five months, my cheapy Rogue (decent for 59 bucks), and my Rogue Mandolin all were asking to be sent somewhere where they could do some good. Anyway, this morning I took them to a nearby fire station where they collect items for wounded soldiers. They don't sell the instruments, they send them to hospitals and burn centers for wounded heroes who need them. Anyway, none of it is a major sacrifice for me, but maybe it will help ease the tremendous sacrifice some of these men and woman have made for me. So, if you've got something you can afford to get rid of, this is a pretty good way to do it. Plus, it makes you feel good to at least do something for people who have given-up so much for others. It won't make you a big hero, but it will make you smile and cry at the same time. Just something to think about if you have a bunch of stuff you don't bother with and can afford to be without.

Thats definitely a good thought Larry, and would be a good deed. I did something similar in that a very talented albeit money strapped muso had all his pedals stolen from his car. And given he makes money from gigging he needed to get some asap, but didn have the cash. I had a couple boss pedals which he uses, but I dont as I bought a multi effects G3 unit, so I gave him the two pedals on a long term loan. We dont actually know each other that well, but I admire his music and wanted to help out. It feels good when you can help out.

Archived