Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone know any updates or news on Ren Ferguson?

merseybeat1963

Any new interviews..or has he set up personal shoppe..Fender Connecticut..?

I would have liked to ask him a question or two which I should have whilst he was still at Gibson.

The upgrade to his shop was almost done last summer, so I'm sure it's finished now. He was traveling a fair amount -- a week in the Pacific Northwest training wood buyers, a week in Mexico at the Fender plant, a week in Connecticut checking out the Guild plant -- but was at home more than on the road, consulting via phone.

What kind of questions did you want to ask?

-- Bob R

The upgrade to his shop was almost done last summer, so I'm sure it's finished now. He was traveling a fair amount -- a week in the Pacific Northwest training wood buyers, a week in Mexico at the Fender plant, a week in Connecticut checking out the Guild plant -- but was at home more than on the road, consulting via phone.

What kind of questions did you want to ask?

-- Bob R

Thanks Bob

Just a few questions about his early making of the Bozeman Gibson guitars he made before factory was finished..

I have read a few little snips but not much.

Which models they were, how many and what the response was when he first showed those at NAMM in Jan 1989..

In general what he remembers, cause from asking around,very nearly only he would know.

As it was an important thing.. his first pretty much home made Gibson guitars..And Im sure he remembers his first ones & when they were unveiled.

Just a few questions about his early making of the Bozeman Gibson guitars he made before factory was finished..

Unfortunately, I don't have an up-to-date e-mail address for him, just phone nunmbers. Maybe p-mail c/o the Montana plant is your best bet. If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll send his p-address.

-- Bob R

Archived