Gibson Brands Forums

Here's to you Felix Baumgartner.

Searcy

That was a "COOL" jump to be sure. I think it helped to do the really fast stuff up where the air is thinner. The big trick was not getting out of control on the outset where he didn't have any air to help control his flight. Amazing and courageous.

GuitarsAnn [thumbup] [thumbup]

I watched the whole thing live on the Velocity channel, which was ahead of the Discovery channel by around 7 seconds for some reason.

His landing was perfect, I thought it was going to be much harder with the weight of the suit and all, but he touched down very gracefully.

I'm glad nobody on this forum has a real opinion on this topic? I think it just one of those examples where a person has gone rogue (outside the norm) for a reason that quite honestly baffles me? This illustrates the problem between people that for one reason or an other can't conform with other people? Not to mention it denegrates what the great astronauts have done in the past? Individualism vs. Conforminism at it's finest folks???????????????????? [cursing]

I'm glad nobody on this forum has a real opinion on this topic? I think it just one of those examples where a person has gone rogue (outside the norm) for a reason that quite honestly baffles me? This illustrates the problem between people that for one reason or an other can't conform with other people? Not to mention it denegrates what the great astronauts have done in the past? Individualism vs. Conforminism at it's finest folks???????????????????? [cursing]

Some people are just driven to push the limits.. I guess its hard to understand if your not like that..

Its the same for people who go to the Poles or climb huge mountains.. Why?? theres no real point other than just to say its been done (or maybe scientific research)

BUT its people who push the limits not only physcially but mentally who help us invent things that make everyones life easier and sometimes better. If not we'd probably still be living in caves and bashing each other on the head with clubs (and certainly not talking on the internet).. :)

Alot of the worlds biggest scientific breakthroughs have been accidents or a by product of another experiment.

Whatever! I still atest that it denegrates what the great astronauts have done but I suppose society can blink once in a while and MAKE UP or DENEGRATE preconcieved history. There is always two sides to everything and this side wishes I didn't have a T.V.! [thumbup]

Whatever! I still atest that it denegrates what the great astronauts have done but I suppose society can blink once in a while and MAKE UP or DENEGRATE preconcieved history. There is always two sides to everything and this side wishes I didn't have a T.V.! [thumbup]

Haha well watching TV is your choice.. you dont have too :)

And some people would say why go to space in the first place... What has it given us? Why send stuff to Mars (which they spend billions on)..

Some people would even say why bother learning to play the guitar.. But we all have to follow what makes us happy and try to acheive our dreams or whats the point of living?

Guest Farnsbarns

Wow, jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft is insane enough, this guy is a lunatic! Talk about balls, this guy myst have re-enforced gussets!

Wrong again Rags, it was on like every channel dude. Furthermore I think the video confused more than it explained in terms of educational value. I suppose your right about learning new things but I think society works better when we move as a unit not as an indiviual. People have to know the consequences to their actions even if that means not doing anything that undermines the group as a whole. If you don't believe in this then you are a Dictator. [biggrin]

Wrong again Rags, it was on like every channel dude. Furthermore I think the video confused more than it explained in terms of educational value. I suppose your right about learning new things but I think society works better when we move as a unit not as an indiviual. People have to know the consicuences to their actions even if that means not doing anything that undermines the group as a whole. If you don't believe in this than you are a Dictator. [biggrin]

f7807a21-cant-tell-stupid-trolling_132580428869-1.jpg

Wrong again Rags, it was on like every channel dude. Furthermore I think the video confused more than it explained in terms of educational value. I suppose your right about learning new things but I think society works better when we move as a unit not as an indiviual. People have to know the consicuences to their actions even if that means not doing anything that undermines the group as a whole. If you don't believe in this than you are a Dictator. [biggrin]

I dont understand what you mean.. What consequences do you think there are from him doing this? How has it harmed anyone? (or will harm anyone).

And no, its the right to be an individual thats what you get in a free society (well, free-ish).. In a dictatorship you dont get to choose anything and get told what to do. (unless you are the ruler, then you can do what you want :))

Wrong again Rags let me just say it would have been better if Mr. Baumgartner's stunt was not on T.V. period as it contridicts the worldview of many post 1969, space flight. Of course you don't understand this notion because your country hasn't participated in Space Travel at least not yet. You don't have a right to do anything you want without a price, that's all I am saying. [smile]

Guest Farnsbarns

Wrong again Rags let me just say it would have been better if Mr. Baumgartner's stunt was not on T.V. period as it contridicts the worldview of many post 1969, space flight. Of course you don't understand this notion because your country hasn't participated in Space Travel at least not yet. You don't have a right to do anything you want without a price, that's all I am saying. [smile]

I've got to correct you there. We are the world leader in satellite launches and have the only airline in the world that has actually invested in commercial space flight to the point where the launch is planned.

Archived