Gibson Brands Forums

little known tv

Izzy

Some shows are very popular (CSI, Breaking Bad, Weeds...) but others are more obscure and may have escaped the radar.

Share a clip of a favorite little known series here.

You may help us discover a new favorite time waster.

Here is mine. From the tv series Coupling. Not popular in America at all.

Guest Farnsbarns

Some shows are very popular (CSI, Breaking Bad, Weeds...) but others are more obscure and may have escaped the radar.

Share a clip of a favorite little known series here.

You may help us discover a new favorite time waster.

Here is mine. From the tv series Coupling. Not popular in America at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBZ_i_pOWuI

This is a GREAT idea for a thread. I been looking for something for a show to get into lately.

I'll just share a couple of mine: I don't do the cable thing, and with so much "free" on the internet, streaming vids has pretty much replaced the airwaves and TV.

I kinda got into a lot of the old shows, A-TEAM, BONANZA, that sort. Sometimes I like the cheesyness, but also that older TV shows had something more of a positive outlook or message than a lot of stuff now.

Did the BREAKING BAD thing, was VERY addicting, but found it mostly just pure addicting entertainment, and no reason to put the needle back in for the latest season. Weeds was fun for a minute, but got both boring, and you know what? a LOT of these shows are what led me to realize, they just don't LEAVE you with anything after watching for the hour or whatever it is.

We like BURN NOTICE around here.

I should add, that while this is about "obscure" shows, to me, they all are. When I watched the Grammies, I had no idea what nearly all the shows were-never heard of them.

Here's mine.

OMFG! That was like David Lynch creepy!!! Too funny.

@ Farns

O.o I'm gonna have to watch the first episode...it looks totally bizzarre, maybe because it is out of context. Sort of thing that appeals to me.

@ shred

I was loling for sure.

I think I prefer english humor sometimes. My grampa never learned a word of english but he never missed an episode of this and he always laughed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvgefqIZR2w

Sheesh, Izzy...

I thought at first that you were talking abut some other kind of tv who was little known but... naaah, it was just about television shows instead of .... uhhhhh ..... skirting around something quite different.

<chortle>

Sorry, hadda do that.

Kinda like when I was talking with a Wyoming college's young PR lady who had a ranch background.

We were talking about some computer upgrades for public relations and news releases and publications.

I said I'm convinced that there'd be more "AI" involved to cut training time for page layout...

...and she darned near died with a choking laugh. The first meaning that hit our good ranch girl for "AI" was something other than "Artificial Intelligence" in computers.

<sigh - and another chortle.>

m

Guest Farnsbarns

OMFG! That was like David Lynch creepy!!! Too funny.

@ Farns

O.o I'm gonna have to watch the first episode...it looks totally bizzarre, maybe because it is out of context. Sort of thing that appeals to me.

@ shred

I was loling for sure.

I think I prefer english humor sometimes. My grampa never learned a word of english but he never missed an episode of this and he always laughed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvgefqIZR2w

Do whach the first episode, but don't expect it to make any more sense. It is the most bizarre humour ever. Much more off the wall than Monty Python for example. It got a cult following over 3 series bit then it vanished. The funnier of the the 2 (imho) is Howard, played by Julian Barrat. I started seeing him around Islington looking aweful, I think something happened to him. Noel Fielding, the younger more metrosexual chap has gone on to bigger things now.

In the series black books: While house sitting they accidentally drink a very expensive wine, so they try to recreate it

Black books is hilarious.. the clip where Fran learns piano is my fav episode, and Manny climbs inside and plays with spoons!

Bill Bailey (Manny) also does some very good standup and he's a very good musician as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98xNx87hRbU

Archived