Gibson Brands Forums

Dating a Thunderbird

EvoRider

• 1 month later...

hello everyone on the gibson guitar board!

i'm a proud owner of an epiphone thunderbird IV pro. i bought it like a week ago.

it's a used instrument, probably only a few years old, i don't know much about it.

the previous owner said it was made in USA (which i seriously doubt to be honest).

i would love to know a bit more about its origins and stuff, but since it is a fairly new model,

i can't use the post cunningham26 mentioned, since the serial of my bass won't fit any of those patterns.

my bird's serial is: 0907120065

what could this be? YYMMFFRRRR?

is there a new pattern for these "new" epi's?

hello everyone on the gibson guitar board!

i'm a proud owner of an epiphone thunderbird IV pro. i bought it like a week ago.

it's a used instrument, probably only a few years old, i don't know much about it.

the previous owner said it was made in USA (which i seriously doubt to be honest).

i would love to know a bit more about its origins and stuff, but since it is a fairly new model,

i can't use the post cunningham26 mentioned, since the serial of my bass won't fit any of those patterns.

my bird's serial is: 0907120065

what could this be? YYMMFFRRRR?

is there a new pattern for these "new" epi's?

It should be stated on the back of the headstock normally but being an Epiphone i can normally guarantee it will never be american made.

According to the link posted above its made in: DaeWon or Unsung (china)

where-ever its made, it shouldnt affect it in any way and we hope your enjoying it :D

BSB

Archived