Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - LP Standard Plus

badbluesplayer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave this forum.

Who's the one who is off-topic here? You. I actually posted a compliment about the OP's guitar. All you've told me to do is leave this forum, without giving any reasons. This is rude, and honestly I won't even consider your request since you obviously don't care enough to give me an actual reason. If you aren't going to be on-topic, You should be the one leaving this forum. I stand by my earlier statements.

Who's the one who is off-topic here? You. I actually posted a compliment about the OP's guitar. All you've told me to do is leave this forum, without giving any reasons. This is rude, and honestly I won't even consider your request since you obviously don't care enough to give me an actual reason. If you aren't going to be on-topic, You should be the one leaving this forum. I stand by my earlier statements.

Ok. You are an exceedingly rude and intolerant person. I don't like you. Get out of my forum.

Ok. You are an exceedingly rude and intolerant person. I don't like you. Get out of my forum.

You're the one being rude and intolerant, demanding things of me without giving ANY reasoning. Whether you like me or not is irrelevant. This forum does not Belong to you. It doesn't Belong to any of us. It belongs to Gibson Guitar Corporation. This is a fact.

And if you haven't noticed, my original reply has 4 thumbs up at the moment, while you're the only one to dislike any of my replies here. Does this not mean anything to you? It means that at least 4 other people who have read this topic agree with me. And nobody else has expressed displeasure with my statement, therefore you are alone in your opinions it seems. I retract one of my earlier statements. I won't ask you to leave. It's your choice whether you want to stay and deal with it, or leave because you would prefer not to read the content of this thread. But don't demand things of people in a place where you have no authority. You are not a Moderator. You are not an Administrator. You are a Member, just like me.

Regards,

-Ryan

You're the one being rude and intolerant, demanding things of me without giving ANY reasoning. Whether you like me or not is irrelevant. This forum does not Belong to you. It doesn't Belong to any of us. It belongs to Gibson Guitar Corporation. This is a fact.

Wrong. Get out of my forum.

And if you haven't noticed, my original reply has 4 thumbs up at the moment, while you're the only one to dislike any of my replies here. Does this not mean anything to you? It means that at least 4 other people who have read this topic agree with me. And nobody else has expressed displeasure with my statement, therefore you are alone in your opinions it seems.

Do you know how to count? :lol:

I retract one of my earlier statements. I will stop criticizing people and leave the forum. I apologize to everyone I have offended.

Thank you.

Wrong. Get out of my forum.

Do you know how to count? :lol:

Thank you.

Wonderful quote editing there. I'm sure everyone here is too stupid to read the original post and see that you're putting words in my mouth.

In regards to the thumbs up and thumbs down, there was only 1 before I posted my reply. Grow up.

And this is not your forum, once again. Stop acting like it is.

EDIT: Enjoy your spot on my Ignored Users list. You've earned it.

Wonderful quote editing there. I'm sure everyone here is too stupid to read the original post and see that you're putting words in my mouth.

In regards to the thumbs up and thumbs down, there was only 1 before I posted my reply. Grow up.

And this is not your forum, once again. Stop acting like it is.

Why are you still here?

EDIT: Enjoy your spot on my Ignored Users list. You've earned it.

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU :)

Geez... Thank for all the nice compliments. It's a Light Burst color.

Sweetwater had at least four of these and this one was the nicest. Very light, one piece back, medium flame without much vertical grain.

Plus, ahhhh, the Sweetwater experience. My man Ryan matched the price like it was nothing. 2599 down to 2208 like boom, no problem, have a nice day.

Most likely the reason I love the looks of your LP is because mine is also Light Burst. Great minds think alike! [thumbup]

Although I did not purchase mine from Sweetwater but a local GC, I have bought other stuff from them (Sweetwater) and was way pleased with the service they give. I negotiated the same price from GC.

One thought that may have nothing to do with an LP maple top is regarding the vertical grain. Martin acoustic guitars with a spruce top is graded by not oly the horizontal but the vertical grain as well. Tightly spaced vertical grain is graded higher than one that has less and is not as uniform and tightly spaced. The reason for this is the sturdiness of the thin top. There is a lot of pressure being applied to the top especially with .13 gauge strings.

This most likely has nothing to do with a maple top on a "solid" mahogany back. I suppose it is more of an aesthetic thing than anything else.

In any case I am sure you are having a blast with your new guitar and once you really get the switching options down like second nature it becomes even more fun.

Now put that thing down and get some sleep.

Leave this forum.

Coming from the guy who criticized Buxom for making a thread about his new drum kit....

If I remember correctly, you said "This is a guitar form, so don't talk about drums" or something of that nature (paraphrasing).

O.K. The axe is "on the vehicle for delivery." The guy gets here at like 10 or 10:30 AM. Now as long as my wife doesn't see the Fedex guy, I'll be in the clear. :unsure:

The problem is, my wife can smell a Fedex truck coming from like ten miles away. I'll probably be down there sweeping the end of our gravel driveway all morning, whistling nervously. She'll never know. [unsure]

I can hear it now. "What did you buy now?" I'll be holding the guitar box and telling her "just some strings."

[thumbup]

Ahhhhhhh!!! Waiting for the delivery truck is one of the best parts of a new guitar/amp/etc. day. Now that we can track these things on our smartphones, I usually wind up sitting on my steps hitting 'refresh' until I see a truck. Happy NGD! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

...I can hear it now. "What did you buy now?" I'll be holding the guitar box and telling her "just some strings."

[thumbup]

LOL!

Sounds rather familiar...

It goes without saying but Have a Nice Weekend!

[thumbup]

P.

Archived