Gibson Brands Forums

LP Traditional

sheraton

I gather the Guitar Center's version of the LP "TRAD PRO" is going the way of the DooDoo bird to make room for "something new" but that's a Guitar Center special run captive product and not what I'm asking about.

Is the LP TRADITIONAL PLUS going away? '50's rounded neck profile, '57 covered humbuckers, rosewood fingerboard .............

The traditional has a few variants since 2008

But they should all be 50's neck, 57 Classics & Swiss holed weight relief

The Rosewood is compound (Layered) like the new Standard but the pre Aug 2011 will be Rosewood

I have however found that the recent traditional's made by Gibson have little to no flame! which is disappointing as the one below shows they can be just as good as a Standard previously...

Well it's not listed on Gibson website, so I think it's gone already. The Les Paul Traditional is still there. The "Plus" I think stood for AA top. But the new Standard comes with a AAA top.

I don't think the Traditional Plus is gone.

The "Plus" is the designation for a non-solid colored(Ebony & Gold)Traditional.

They don't designate it as "Plus" on the Gibson site, but when purchasing one, the "Plus" designation just means a transperant flame-figured top as opposed to a solid color.

So if you want a Traditional with flame instead of a Standard, you can have one.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional.aspx

I don't think the Traditional Plus is gone.

The "Plus" is the designation for a non-solid colored(Ebony & Gold)Traditional.

They don't designate it as "Plus" on the Gibson site, but when purchasing one, the "Plus" designation just means a transperant flame-figured top as opposed to a solid color.

So if you want a Traditional with flame instead of a Standard, you can have one.

http://www2.gibson.c...raditional.aspx

This is getting tedious. Does a "TRADITIONAL" neck duplicate that of a 50'? Not only profile but dimentions? Not much is gained by simply changing the profile of a 60's slim taper and calling it a '50's.

Archived