Gibson Brands Forums

My wife is AWESOME

thejay

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an incredible woman. I wish you both the very best and a long and happy marriage. Some people (yeah, me) go through their whole lives and never meet, let alone get to know or fall in love with someone with that much understanding.

I played the V first and I actually had no idea who grace potter was before I saw that guitar. I really wanted another V after I parted with a different one years ago. This model has some of my favorite features, I am very happy with all of them.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

My wife is a wonderful woman and continues to surprise me daily. She also mentioned 1 for each decade as well :)

I'd say that's AWESOME!! Happy belated Birthday to ya &

HNGD

HNGD

HNGD Too you!!!

Not that it would matter a rats behind, but does your wife cook good too? [biggrin]

I'd be happy to cook if that was my B.Day presents even if only once/lifetime. What the heck would you get when you turn 60? [scared] What would the 6 of them be?

Aster

Regardless of whether anyone thinks Grace Potter deserves a signature guitar, it is a heck of a nice one, and her music is in my humble opinion better than much of the stuff coming out right now, so who cares opinions are like A-holes.....

As for the topic, based on this thread I would have to say that your wife is in fact awesome. Any one of those would stand alone as a great gift, together, yes awesome.

Well, I wouldn't know grace potter if she came up and bit me on the leg.

But I'll make two points about her after listening to the vids above: She really plays guitar and on the "live" acoustic one she was strumming well with the other picker and singing along quite well at the same time. It ain't Segovia playing Bach's Chaconne, but it's professional level pickin' for what she's doing.

And as for a wife getting three guitars for a husband's 30th birthday... if they can afford the cash, it's extremely that it's a recognition that hubby has something that's important to him and not damaging to anyone except perhaps a bit of stolen time.

I guess that cynical as I am, I prefer to consider the positive until some circumstance where the negative intrudes.

m

if she came up and bit me on the leg.

You would be a lucky man ;)

Pretty much off topic but she had a video filmed for "Paris" where she's playing for the troops that would come on VH1 really early while I would get ready for work. Can't find the video but man that sure put a little pep in your step at 5AM.

I'd bet dollars to donuts she plays better that 2/3rds of the folks on this forum. She plays a hell of a lot getter than Joan Jett. And she's got better legs than all of ya. [thumbup]

OK, she plays, but was she in the Runaways? ;)

Seriously, though, I think you're overselling her playing. It's good, not great.

I had some time off work the last couple of days so I have been playing. I felt a channeling of AC/DC so in fun, just recorded it... nothing spectacular by any means guitar playing wise. Some of the other stuff I spent recording was much better but this song is pretty basic and features both the new V and the SG as well as a recently acquired hand wired Mad Professor Tiny Orange Phaser. I used only my Marshall Class 5 via a Mesa 4x12 with Vintage 30s/Mesa Black Shadows. I pushed the tubes pretty hard judging by the tone, set at 7.

Both guitars play wonderful... I would have never expected at the price point that the Melody Maker would be as nice as it is... a little brittle on the highs and the wrap-around bridge takes a bit of time getting used to playing. I enjoy the all maple guitar, very different from everything else

"Finding the Unexpected" Demo

I dont think you have to be Lennon/ Mcartney or Dylan to be amazing and I would much rather hear something fresh than some tired old Stones song. I would call this performance amazing, even though she doesnt touch her beautiful signature flying V in it. But agin, opinions are like ......

She is no doubt a very talented woman but I just don't think she is as great as you do. That's way cool.

As far as her performance in the clip you attached I don't find it amazing. She hits quite a few clams but that's cool too. Please don't bring up Dylan in this regard because I was comparing songwriting.

In any case you are 100% correct in that we are all entitled to our opinins. Mumford and Sons and the Avett brothers are some new songwriters and performers that are putting out some new songs that touch me. Again I agree that sometimes you just want to hear something new.

Archived